1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Henry V with Photoshop background

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elvis, Jan 11, 2006.

1. elvis A Fixture

Luca sent me a photo of his Henry V figure with a different backdrop created from photoshop. What do you guys think of the different background with the blue clouds?

Attached Files:

2. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    That background really sets of the colours used on the figure, so IMHO it's a goodie. (That figure though would look good anyway - I like it a lot)
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    The figure is lovely. The heraldry is typical Luca, VERY nice.
    As for the background, I have to admit I think it a bit over done. I think it dertracts from the figure a bit. The complexity of it detracts from the detail in the figure. I like a nice simple backdrop to focus the attention on the figure. Just my opinion though.

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. elvis A Fixture

:) Dear friends, I wanna tell to all, that this backgroundis only for jok. I try to make one thing of actrattive. I used photoshop brush. ciao to all. luca
  5. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Luca great work with the pic, one tip I can give you is too use some blur effect over the edge of the selectect pic, then you can integrate more the selected pic with the background...
    ciao
    ER
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the same figure with a different photoshop background.

Attached Files:

7. pmacko Member

Now that is a really cool background!
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy and Luca,

I like this more then the first one. But in my opinion the figure must do it.
    If the figure is not well sculpt, painted, or has no base i think a background with photoshop makes your figure not better.
    It is as with MTV or similar musicstation: The music is as example "for me" not good, and the clips must make just better what the music let fall.
    Sometime's it works. I can remember me some groups where the music was so bad, timing etc, but the clip was wonderfull. So it came in the chargelists. Still the music was very bad.
    In my opinion we must judge the figure, not the picture.
    So we must beware of that.

Marc
  9. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    :eek: !!!He absolutely
    make me crazy!!!

ciao Stefano
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice background, I like it.

Cheers
    Roc
  11. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    The second background is better. The first one looked like he had walked into a studio to have his portrait taken. I agree with Marc, the FIGURE is the focus. The background is secondary. The only time the background would affect the figure would be if it were totaly wrong for the figure or if there was a lot of other things going on behind it, like on a workbench. The background should be neutral and NOT noticed. Photoshop is cool when you want to have an album made up of your figures or if you're posting them for the rest of us to enjoy, as in this case.
    Cheers!
    Ric :lol:
  12. robbyk9 Active Member

Hi Luca

Awesome painted figure. I am a big fan of your work. And the photoshop
    makes it even better. I like the developing of the presentation. Great done Luca.

Greetings Dick
  13. elvis A Fixture

:lol: thanks Dich,I'm so happy of this, ciao from Luca