1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help wanted identify figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Joshua, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Joshua New Member

I have come across these small figurines and was hoping somebody would be able to give me some insight on them as I've been unable to find anything about them. I believe they are from Terminator 2. They have 1993 Carolco inprinted on the bottom of them. Thank you IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1526.JPG
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Well, Carolco was the production company that produced Terminator 2. A web search using the key words, "carolco figures", turns up a lot of content, including this blog article that gives an overview of the company's history:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/carolco/233689/the-rise-and-fall-of-carolco

The stamp under the base suggests that these are figures licensed by the studio (wow-obtaining a license to make a figure of a film character-what an unusual concept!) but it doesn't help us ID the maker.

Kenner made larger action figures of T2 characters, and the same search I ran returns several eBay auctions for them. No white metal figures, though.

I tried refining the search by adding "white metal" to my criteria, but that didn't return anything about figures like yours, so I tried "terminator 2 metal figures", and "terminator 2 wargame figures", and still no luck. I keep getting records for the Kenner and other larger, plastic figures.

Hopefully someone more familiar with wargame figures will be able to provide more info about them.

Prost!
    Brad
  3. Echo New Member

United-States
    Tecumsea, theBaron and Nap like this.
  4. Tommy Brown Active Member

Leading Edge T2 Terminator box set Hasta La Vista Gaming 25mm lead figure 71100

s-l1600 (2)b.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

71100.jpg
    theBaron and Oda like this.
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Like the T-1000 rising again from a pool of liquid metal, this thread resurrects itself! Big thanks to new Planeteer Echo for the ID, and to Tommy and Mirof for the additional info!

Prost!
    Brad
    Nap likes this.
  7. Echo New Member

United-States
    I literally find old or out of print minis for a living. I'm absolutely happy to help
    Nap likes this.