1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help-SK Miniatures Lifeguard coat lining

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Cannonball, May 2, 2017.

1. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi everyone, can anyone help with information as to the lining colour for the red coat on SK Miniatures Lifeguard 1672 figure? I can only find a couple of renditions of the figure but it is difficult to make out what colour the lining is ( dark blue as for the cuffs or heavily shaded red to represent the shadow).

From the reference material I have I'm struggling- it is either pre figure such as civil war/restoration or it then jumps to late 17th century or Marlburian. I'm even struggling in so much as there appears to be more reference to Horse Guards as opposed to Life guards (is this one and the same thing?) Is the figure based on a particular artist rendition?

Any hel greatly appreciated.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Welcome to PF

This is the figure by Mike Blank ......

I will have a look at my stuff

Nap

image.jpeg
  3. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi Nap,

That's the one, great figure by Mike Blank as you say. Unfortunately the photo angles/lighting don't make it clear. I'm assuming that the trousers are dark blue.

Many thanks.
  4. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    I believe it was blue. The origins of "facing colours" is that cuffs skirts etc. were turned back to show the lining colour.

There's a painting of the Duke of Monmouth where he commanded the auxiliary troops against the Dutch in 1672/72. He was colonel of the First Troop of Horse Guards (Life Guards) at the time. In the painting there is a tiny sliver of blue breeches showing. Although his cuffs are white!
    napoleonpeart and mick3272 like this.
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Thanks for that Martin. Fortunately I decided to go down the blue route as initially responses were a little sparse. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    martin tabony and napoleonpeart like this.