1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello from Wales!

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by thecheesedude, Apr 22, 2017.

1. thecheesedude New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi,

I've found this place referenced in another forum more inclined to 28mm figures, and of a more wargaming/skirmish gaming orientation - something I've not done for many many years.

I started painting in my teens, doing WH40k figures and playing the games until I bored of painting the same faction/race over and over. I preferred doing the character or hero figures, and through my (now closed) miniatures shop I discovered figure painting as a broader world than the narrow GW focused area.

So I painted more scales, 32mm right the way up to 120mm. I stopped for a long time, as I went through long periods of depression (and all the other things), 2 breakdowns due to overwork.

Now I have a new job/career which is far far more relaxing, and I picked up the brush again a couple of years back. I've also invested into teaching myself painting with oils over acrylic, as I'm now a lot slower and the drying times on acrylics (even with mediums) isn't ideal for me.

So I'm joined up and looking forward to sharing my future works here. Currently I'm doing blending practice on the fabrics on some Tamiya Samurai, and have some Andrea miniatures ready when I feel a little more confident.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Hello Cheesedude and welcome to PF.:).
    Ralph.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Cheese dude ....like the name!

Great to have you with us ...PF ..great site loads of guys of all levels and all too willing to advise and enjoy each other's work .......

.... Oh and lots of friendly banter as well

Enjoy your visits ..any questions do ask

Nap
    garyhiggins likes this.
  4. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi Cheesedude and welcome to planetFigure. A friendly community of happy painters, enjoy the works, enjoy the exchange of ideas (alright banter), enjoy the smell of turps :).

Best wishes, Gary.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey dude love the history there.
    hope you enjoy things here and invest in a small
    hairdryer to speed up your painting
    Paul.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome back to the hoby
    peedee likes this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rich,
    A warm welcome to pF(y)

Nice to see you are in a better place and out of that black hole. You'll fit right in here as being crazy, (and I speak from experience) is a fundamental requirement for pF members.:happy: And you have been welcomed by only a fraction of the craziest.;)

Brecon is my spiritual home for some reason, cannot think why at the moment.:rolleyes: :D

Looking forward to you sharing your work.
    cheers
    Richie
  8. Sascha H. Active Member

Welcome mate, been through something similar but the hobby and like-minded friends helped ;)
  9. Army Doc 68W40 Member

United-States
    Glad your here and welcome. That black pit ain't sh%# when you got friends throwing you a rope.
  10. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Cheesedude, welcome to Planet Figure