1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Has PF become boring?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayneb, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    What is a kagemusha ?
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Catching up on this thread , certainly interesting reading the comments so valid points nice one Wayne on posing the question .

As regards sub forums ...yes they can be created very recently we have had a new one at ChrisR suggestion

http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/tools-of-the-trade-accessories.201/

As with all new things once folk get to know about it ...it will grow with information ........if you have any threads you all would like moved then pm me with link and I will do so ( arj has done this already )

This is everybody's site and all ideas are very welcome

Nap
    Graham likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Wayne

just googled ......

In Japanese, kagemusha is a term used to denote a political decoy. It is set in the Sengoku period of Japanese history and tells the story of a lower-class criminal who is taught to impersonate a dying daimyō to dissuade opposing lords from attacking the newly vulnerable clan.

Nap
    grasshopper and Graham like this.
  5. Ronaldo A Fixture

Well you do have some strange needs and desires Del :D As for the new identity my computer of 10 years old went tits up and the new one won't let me on with my old ID
    DEL likes this.
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Common translation is "Shadow Warrior"......taken from the film of the same name (Kagemusha) by Akira Kurosawa :sneaky:
    DaddyO, yellowcat, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  7. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Kurosawa one of the very best..as is the film...
    DEL likes this.
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    So it was you that fecked things up not Cambridge Analytica. Although anything with Anal in its name has got to be dodgy.
    mick3272 likes this.
  9. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

Hope the nipples were hard and it was a black and white movie, other then that I thought your avatar was a pissed off Indian sitting by a campfire contemplating what he was going to do to the guy that pissed him off. I guess I should have looked a bit closer..............................................and put on my optivisors.

Wayne:)
  10. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks can be deceiving mate :confused:
  11. Ronaldo A Fixture

10 years oot o a Mac is not bad
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    ....... don't say that in front of the polis.......:eek:
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

Yes,...I agree...I'm starting to think Derek is actually Marty Feldman with optivisors ,...However,...I think the flesh tones look great, other then the forehead and chin may need to be toned down a bit.

Wayne:)

P.S...I might also state that Marty was a great looking guy when he "walked this way".
    Blind Pew likes this.
  14. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    And this thread is going where?
  15. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Now, that's getting really boring.
  16. mick3272 A Fixture

The same direction as the Oozlum bird, but bring a smile to my face.
    mick
    DEL likes this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England

My final thought on this .......

PF as any forum will have highs and lows but is only as good as members input and participation ...

no matter how small .....

......so

.......spread the word

....contribute

...suggest idea's

....ENJOY your hobby and share your work

Nap
    Blind Pew and housecarl like this.
  18. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    It's the Lounge......... it has always gone where the membership takes it.
    The strength of pF has always been its scope for a wee bit harmless banter that provides a diversion from the more serious discussions.
    Where things have got out of hand the moderators have always taken appropriate action.
    Should a 'dead hand' be applied to particlarly the Lounge that would bethe end of my long involvement with the forum.
    D
    swralph, mick3272 and Nap like this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England

Del

The Lounge will never be a dead hand ......

Thanks for your comments

Nap
    DEL likes this.
  20. OSS Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As relative new comer to the band of merry men ( not sure if we have any ladies ) I have been really impressed with the response I have been given when asking a question and in fact have actually met a couple of members who have been more than helpful. Perhaps we could liven things up a bit by having our own in house competitions, different classes, different levels with various scales judged by other members of course. The works can be sent in via photo or even a short video link of the figure , just an idea not sure if its been done before .........
    Nap likes this.