1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

H&V Pride of the South

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by ghamilt1, Dec 20, 2014.

1. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I picked up 4 figures when I was at the MMSI show in Chicago this past October, and I have all four in various states of completeness. This Confederate officer is the one that in my view is pretty much done, unless of course I find something that needs a tweak. My copy of this figure was a little disappointing in that there some pretty significant mold seams to deal with; one was so bad I had to abandon the sword completely and make a new blade out of sheet plastic. But having spoken with several other modelers, I think mine was an anomaly, as everyone else's version was in excellent shape. In the end I am well pleased with the final product and wouldn't hesitate to get another H&V figure. Comments and critiques always welcome!
    DSCN0525.JPG DSCN0526.JPG DSCN0527.JPG DSCN0528.JPG
    tiberius57, samson, Ferris and 4 others like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nicely done.
    I just finished this guy myself. My cast was excellent... quick scrape with the blade and it nearly snapped together.
    Your greys and blue turned out great... not easy colours at all

cheers

Colin
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Colin, like I said, I think my copy was just one of those things that happens every so often. It would be pretty tough to get every casting perfect, and besides, it turned out fine in the end. Thanks for the kind words.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done and well weathered.
    Cheers
    John
  5. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks for having a look John, and for the encouragment.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nice job Glen. I found the show a big boost to motivation. Looks like you did too.

Colin
  7. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Cheers Colin. I've always tried to learn something from every show I attend, and tried to incorporate those lessons into my painting. Along with the chance to meet up with people, it's the best part of attending the shows in my opinion. So hopefully, I improve, even just a little bit.
  8. Ray Welshman Active Member

Good job Glen

Looks real good close up, pics dont do the piece justice.

Cheers

Ray
  9. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Great piece, Glen! This figure has a very nice atmosphere! You captured it very well.
    Weathering is awesome too!
    I guess, we all came back home after the show with a great painting mood!
    Cheers mate!
    Zeno :)
  10. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Zeno and Ray, most kind of you both. Still need to work on the photography.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work.

Marc
  12. El Tché Well-Known Member

13. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Marc and El Tche, glad you like him.
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely piece Glen.(y)
  15. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Carl, kind of you to say so.