1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Guitar Hero!!

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by vincenzo, Jan 25, 2018.

1. vincenzo Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi!
    I've started his figure more times ago, about 5 or 6 years. And finally last night I decide to finished it, even if I'm not so satisfied about guitar strings and I thin I will change they.
    But... for now... 58 mm tall to eyes, green stuff +magic scupt 50/50, the one, the only! one of the last real guitar hero!! mr. Steeeeeeve VAI!!! (and it's faboulus Ibanez jem e.v.o.)
    I really hope you like it (and his music!!) Phototastic-24_01_2018_2e0b78c3-2154-4b6d-940f-6a50c0a87eaf.jpg WP_20180124_00_37_06_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_36_28_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_36_39_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_36_44_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_36_49_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_36_52_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_36_58_Pro.jpg WP_20180124_00_37_02_Pro.jpg
    Andreas K., Vital, DaddyO and 2 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

Vincenzo this is a lovely sculpt but I am affraid I will have to disappoint you.There is only one guitar hero in the history of this universe and that is the Avatar of arpeggios,the electric Pagannini,Bach with a Stratocaster,the one and only,divine Swede Yngwie J. Malmsteen and his Fender Stratocaster signature model.Sorry mate.;)

Oda.
    vincenzo likes this.
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job on the sculpt. I think you are right about the guitar strings - important to get them right given the subject. I was in an art shop recently and noticed that the 'beading and jewellery making' section had a good selection of VERY fine wire that would probably be suitable (or if you are a little more tight-fisted I've stripped electrical wire down to use the very thin wire that the cable is made of) :)

Cheers
    Paul
  4. vincenzo Well-Known Member

Italy
    @Oda: ah ah ah point of view my friend! If we are talking about spedd... that's ok, but if we talk about hurt... even if Evil eye it's one of my favourite song of ever!!

@Daddy: this morning I spoke with a friend who tall me to use hot stretch sprue... first I will try on, but your suggestion is very cool!! thankS
    Oda likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sorry mate, There are only two guitar hero's. Jimmy Hendrikx and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
    I think this is another discussion.

arc
    bond090, vincenzo and Oda like this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    He looks nice but very rough.
    Maybe you could leave the bended strings, and give some setting off the fingers as he playing a cord.
    Put his thumb around the E string at the top.

Marc
  7. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    I like the sculpt .....................not heard of the guitarist ................Jimmy Page ................Tony Iommi fan
    Will look him up though

Frank
    Oda likes this.
  8. Oda A Fixture

Both of them are true giants but Malmsteen is "Far beyond the sun".A whole other discussion indeed mate.Feel free to PM me anytime,I'd be glad to talk about it.

Oda.
  9. Oda A Fixture

Vincenzo my friend I was just pulling your leg.Both are virtuosos of the six stings (although Vai plays a seven string guitar)but my personal style is much closer to Malmsteen's electric neobaroque super-speed-Pagannini style of playing.I would love to see your Vai completed and painted and then perhaps you could make a sculpt of Malmsteen as he appears on the cover of "Trilogy",that would be a stunner,what do you say?

Oda.
    swralph likes this.
  10. Oda A Fixture

Frank mate,Paige is a saint of the electric guitar but Tony Iommi is the Patriarch of them all and he will live through the ages.One of universe's most fortune moments was when Iommi met with Rock music's last major poet,the late Ronnie James Dio........I rest my case.

Oda.
    myouchin likes this.
  11. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I love this chat crossing over to another passion on the day when tickets went on sale for EUROPE, DEF LEPPARD with CHEAP TRICK, BLACKSTONE CHERRY and AVENGED SEVENFOLD, I am skint, rock on fellow painters, oh and nice figure, the guitar strings put me of buying the Gary Moore bust they have to look right.
    TERRY
    Oda likes this.
  12. myouchin Well-Known Member

Japan
    Ronnie James Dio.....Still I'm Sad .:cry:
    Oda likes this.
  13. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    when I first saw this before reading I thought it was this guy . The best Rock Band Ever .
    chippy
    Oda likes this.
  14. JonH Active Member

Very nice but he's not Rory Gallagher.
    Jon.
    Oda likes this.
  15. Oda A Fixture

So am I mate.....so am I....

Oda.
    myouchin likes this.
  16. Oda A Fixture

...and yes that is definitely another giant.Rory is a much beloved artist here in Greece.

Oda.
    JonH likes this.
  17. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Saw Rory Gallagher live at the Glasgow Apollo (or Greens Playhouse as it was still called in those days) in the early 70's. He was late as he missed his plane in Dublin (probably in the bar!) so he hired a private plane to get him to Glasgow. He finally hit the stage at 10pm and played non stop until 2pm the next morning! Had to phone my dad to come and collect me from 20 miles away as there was no way I was walking out to get my bus! Bob
  18. Hembo Member

First off, congratulations Vincenzo, on a very nice, small scale sculpt. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. It's a shame we don't see more musician related figures such as the ones put out by the McFarlane range a few years back. I recall that they did all four members of Kiss and I have the lovely 'Hendrix at Woodstock' figure.

On the 'guitarist thread'...Rory Gallagher, saw him at Birmingham Town Hall one night back in the 70's.....thick fog. Rory travelled separately from the band (who didn't make the gig). He played on with a roadie on bass and an audience member on the drums! Genius.

My own personal faves though...the late, great Paul Kossoff and Nils Lofgren ('The Godfather of the Guitar') quote Mr Bruce Springsteen!

Nice to see that a few Planeteers are also inspired by axemen too. Keep on Rockin', scluptin' & paintin' dudes.
    vincenzo and Oda like this.
  19. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    My own personal faves though...the late, great Paul Kossoff and Nils Lofgren ('The Godfather of the Guitar') quote Mr Bruce Springsteen!

Big Kossoff fan too and have been going to see Nils since early 70's when he used to to do that back flip off a small trampoline while playing guitar! Going to see him again at St Davids Hall in Cardiff in May. Oh and lets not forget Peter Green!
  20. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

You mean Icksneh Manglesteen Oda??.....That's what I called him before I figured out his name when my nephew first put his music on.:).........Nice sculpt though Vincenzo.

Wayne
    vincenzo and Oda like this.