1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Guillaume de Martel

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Franckythefrench, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Franckythefrench Active Member

France
    Hi everybody,

Here are some pics of a 1/16 Verlinden I 've made 2 years ago. I've changed the original head for a Tamiya one and I've scult the chain mail and helmet with white putty.
    As usual, critics are welcome
    Cheers
    Franky Guillaume de martel 5.JPG Guillaume de martel 1.JPG Guillaume de martel 2.JPG Guillaume de martel 3.JPG Guillaume de martel 4.JPG
  2. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Terrific stuff. Love the armour and the face is unbelievably lifelike.

Jeff
    Franckythefrench likes this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

I like the work you have done on the chainmail,nicely painted(y)
  4. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Hammer time! Nice conversion and great painting, the face is absolutely life like. Good to see an older Verlinden figure finished to a nice standard.

My only nit, and its kind of a peeve of mine, is pointing figures with their mouth closed. I always think it looks more natural for a figure to be saying something or shouting when they are pointing. When they have their mouth closed it strikes me as a mother sending her child to their room.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent.(y)
  6. Franckythefrench Active Member

France
    Thanks a lot boys.
    I agree with you JasonB, a face shouting would have been better... showing the intensity of fight at Azincourt battle! but as I said before... I'm very very very............lazy !!!!!!:sick:
    Cheers
    Francky
    JasonB likes this.
  7. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    great work on this noble knight.
    regards
  9. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I don't know this Verlinden kit but I love what you have done with it . The face is one of the best I have seen for a long time and you have handled the chain mail really well . So was the Tamiya head from another kit or are Tamiya selling separate heads now .
    chippy
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Excellent work on this and agree with the others superb face
    Steve
  11. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work on this knight (y)! In particular the face, its very natural looking.

Joe
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely brushwork Francky, especially on the face. (y)

Cheers,
    Billy :)
  13. Franckythefrench Active Member

France
    Thanks a lot guys.

To Chippy: the head is from an 1/16 tamiya plastic kit. I don't remenber the exatc référence but it's a german soldier wearing a winter suit and a sturm 44 gun. For the chainmail, it is a long but easy work: I use a white putty (miliput) that I cover all around the head exept the face and while it's still soft, I use a syringe needle to print the chain! When you do that, you have to be concentrated because you have to be régular in the print......and you have to be................cool, very cool:)

For the painting, it's acrilic for the face, enamel métal cote from Humbrol for the armor and oil for the rest
    Cheers
    Francky
    Tonton likes this.
  14. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent work Francky! Really well done on the conversion. The mail looks very professional.
    Painting is very precise too. Love the metals and face change, mouth open or closed.

Just to add one nit and peeve.....My peeve is with figures pointing without raising the shoulder. If we make a pointing gesture like this, it raises the shoulder considerably. Not sure if this was part of your conversion though.
    Anyway, great figure and painting nevertheless!

Cheers
    Adrian
  15. Franckythefrench Active Member

France
    Hi Adrian,
    Shoulders are not part of my conversion, however, this knight don't wear some shoulders armor but only arms armor. ( he probably worn shoulder armors in réality!!)
    But I agree with you, I should have incresased a little bit the right on left shoulders... well seen Adrian
    Cheers
    Francky
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Maybe the next is Charles D'albret :)
  17. Franckythefrench Active Member

France
    Hi Marquismini,

I'll probably show you in a next post that I've made the same figure but painted in a another version.... It's Sir Edmond de Torpe ( who killed Guillaume de Martel in Azincourt battle!!)
    MarquisMini likes this.
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hi Marquismini,

I'll probably show you in a next post that I've made the same figure but painted in a another version.... It's Sir Edmond de Torpe ( who killed Guillaume de Martel in Azincourt battle!!)

Yes, he did kill Martel.
    there are a lot of interesting characters form crecy, Poitiers and Azincourt to paint.
    Looking forward to see your work.
    Best regards