1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Guard Chasseur Kettledrummer 1810

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Mar 6, 2015.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    it's time to start a new project and my choice is for the ketteldrummer of the guard chasseur in hussar style uniform in years 1810 /12
    this uniform probably was used only during the wedding between Napoleon and Marie Louise but nobody can confirm that really existed. In any case many documents are available to justify that figure and I would do it dsc05311.jpg
    it's a complex project that follow the kettle-drummer done in 2003 in Mameluke style uniform. At the beginning of the Empire the Guard chasseur kettle-drummer wore this colourful uniform in the fashion oriental style.
    This guy was very well known as Bruno Lemoine a teen ages killed during the Spanish rebellion of may 2nd 1808
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    a long introduction to explain the figures and their history but take care and take your time, will eb a long journey
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Ivo,

Really like the subject it's going to be a great SBS , loved the Mameluke looking forward to this kettle drummer

Nap
  3. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Kettledrummers make great modelling subjects as they're so colourful. Good luck with this one Ivo - it looks quite complex - I'm sure you'll love it.
  4. Huw63 A Fixture

Hello Ivo

I'm excited to see this one starting and a great opportunity to learn more. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Cheers

Huw
  5. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Ivo,
    This will be another beautiful figure. Love the Mameluke, but the referenced drummer in all his glorious splendor will be amazing.
    Pete
  6. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    oooh loved the Mameluke.

I'm settled in with a bucket of popcorn and a coke waiting to watch this one . . . :)
  7. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    This has always been one of my favorite subjects in the Napoleonic genre. It will indeed be a superb SBS study. By the way Ivo, what medium did you use to do the plumes on the horse! Bon chance!
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a great conversion. Gonna follow it closely

Marc
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I've pulled up a seat, looking forward to this....

Bob
  10. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    be confortable... this SBS will take a lot of time....
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    That's difficult... with your SBS's, I only use the very edge of my seat ;)

Colin
  12. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    having not started:( the new figure and to maintain some suspence I propose you the unpainted version of Bruno Lemoine...
    :) it's a way to pay or your patience:)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Jaybo, blaster, pgarri27 and 3 others like this.
  13. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Looking interesting, be lovely to paint
  14. Huw63 A Fixture

This is nail biting.

Cheers

Huw
  15. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Once again, Ivo, your detail work is brilliant
  16. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Fabulous.

Jeff
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    New head , add a pelisse ,change the shabraque ,add a sabretache . facile :):rolleyes:
    Kidding aside ; this will be a super conversion Ivo , look forward to you working some magic hear.

Ron
  18. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Fantastic figure Ivo!
  19. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    it's time to start the figure

a horse from Metal Models range (cuirassier officer) with a light cavalry head and voila a good horse at a walk, allure that is ood for the sunject

[IMG]

as you can see the seat was modified by replacing the back of the saddle with copper foil shaped and welded.
    White milliput closed the imperfection
    pgarri27, Huw63, Jaybo and 2 others like this.
  20. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    [IMG] [IMG]

for the kettledrum HISTOREX spare parts remain the best solution, then we get from the drawers glue for plastic to attach the clamp keys and other small piece
    blaster, pgarri27, frank h and 4 others like this.