1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP GSM London District W.G.D. Mott OBE MVO Welsh Guards

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wings5797, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Keith ...

" a bad hat day" ..........MR GSM Mott .....never !

LOL..LOL

Nap
    anstontyke and Wings5797 like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I have Sir Bradly Wiggins on the bench as my next sculpt Kevin along with three conversions and squillions of kits.
    Sound like someone you are Mate? ;)

All the best to you and the artist Mrs Nap
    Keith x
    napoleonpeart and anstontyke like this.
  3. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Keith,

Very nice work. It's a very good likeness. Having done Billy and Black Alex, is Perry Mason next?

Hope you are well.

Pete
    anstontyke and Wings5797 like this.
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France

I enjoyed sculpting this this one even though, as you have seen here on pF, it was a number of years in the making
    Very happy that you like my stuff though I have to work on figures several times bigger than your tiny men.
    Cheers Daniel
    Keith
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France

Hey Pete,
    How is my Guards Guru doing. I must do more Household Division projects so that we can speak more often.
    I am fine, just wanted to wrap this one up before I drive down to la Vuelta tour of Spain on Friday.
    Glad that you like Billy and I have serious thoughts on Perry. He being, in my humble opinion, the bast turned out GSM.
    Good to hear from you
    Aii the very best wishes Mate
    Keith
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    I am very well, thanks mate.

I had the honour of meeting Perry Mason on a number of occasions. Absolutely everything one imagines a Guards sergeant-major would be and I agree with you, he was the smartest man in the army.

Enjoy your time in Spain.

Best wishes.

Pete
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Lucky man Pete.
    You are driving me to do some thing of Him
    Keith
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Does anyone know why guards WO1s don't wear officers sashes?
  9. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Hi Scotty,

Not sure what you mean by officer's sashes. In full dress Home Service Clothing Foot Guards officers wear either a plan crimson sash in Guard Order or a crimson and gold sash in Guard of Honour Order. These are worn around the waist and are completely different from the sashes worn over the shoulder by Warrant Officers and Senior NCOs.

Pete
    Wings5797 and Scotty like this.
  10. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    That explains it, guards officers wear the sash around their waist. Scots Div RSMs in number one dress wear officers jackets and the crimson net sash over their left shoulder (as officers do) i presumed all regiments did this.
    Thanks.
    prhayes68 and Wings5797 like this.
  11. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Guards WO1s wear officer quality tunics in No. 2 dress but the sash arrangement is different. Depending on the parade the RSM would either wear a Sam Browne belt or the buff belt (complete with sword) and the sash over the shoulder.

Peter
    napoleonpeart, Scotty and Wings5797 like this.