1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greetings from NYC

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Kevtk135, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Kevtk135 Active Member

Hi all,
    Hello from NY. I've been modeling on and off, as most of us I suppose, since a kid. I mostly was building sci-fi, space and x-vehicles. But I started toying with figures a number of years ago after joining The Clubhouse. But with the downturn, these kits started to get really expensive and that's been I delved in to the larger miniature figures. The more I painted the more I got into it.
    I hope to learn a lot here. Thanks for having me aboard.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

A BIG welcome from me , lots of great guys and features here on PF including a monthly competition called Figure of the Month (FOTM) with a great prize as well

Feel free to ask anything or send me a PM if you wish

Enjoy the modelling

Nap
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Kev,

Welcome aboard the Planet.
  5. Kevtk135 Active Member

Thanks guys! :)
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Kev! Do you ever get to any of the local (ie, mid-Atlantic and New England) model or figure shows?

I build models, as well as paint figures (I'm the oddball, I paint in the gloss toy soldier style), airplanes, some ships, cars, but also Maschinen Krieger. There are good shows and meetups here in our region.

Prost!
    Brad
  7. Kevtk135 Active Member

Hey Brad.
    I also build models as well as figures and minis. I'm into building real space, sci-fi, and Ma.K , as well as some of the odd looking x-planes.
    My figure painting runs the gamut from resin dinosaurs to horror to historic to some risque (but tasteful) girly kits (working on skin tones I explain) ;) .
    I started with the minis when as the financial downturn was getting worse, the garage kits seemed to be getting more elaborate and expen$ive. So I delved into the larger minis (some of the 28-32mm models are awesome but just too small for my old eyes. Also spending $40 or $50 for a big mini was a better alternative than a $200 - $250 GK, especially when wifey was looking at the cc bills. ;)

I used to be a regular at the IPMS Mosquito-Con (NJ) until I had a tough time at the club. I'm a regular at JerseyFest (also NJ). That is a sort of localized version ofWonderFest with Horror, Fantasy, Space, Sci-fi all welcomed. I occasionally attend other local IPMS events when closeby - upstate NY and Long Island. Then I make the annual pilgrimage to the IPMS Nationals where ever they are. With a few extra days this ends up being the family vacation.
  8. swralph A Fixture

Hello Kev and welcome to PF:).
    Ralph.
    Kevtk135 likes this.
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey Kev

Welcome and enjoy the experience.

Paul.
    Kevtk135 likes this.