1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greetings from Cape Town South Africa

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Gwaed y Ddraig, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Gwaed y Ddraig New Member

Hi Mark here from Cape Town. My forum handle Gwaed y Ddraig refers to my Welsh ancestry. I have been messing around in the Warhammer world for about three or four years now, but never lost my love for Napoleonics as my father many years ago built all the Airfix 54mm Napoleonic range. I was a regular reader of Military Modelling and spent many hours poring over Shep Paine's works of art. I have managed to get my hands on a number of Verlinden miniatures, and decided it is time to get a little more serious over my historical miniatures.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome to Planet Figure Mark.
    napoleonpeart, garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Mark

A BIG WELCOME to PF from me ,great forum , so many great artists all willing to share skills ..oh and a bit of banter as well!!

Plenty of Napoleonc officinadoes ...have a look at Peedee ..not a pretty sight ......LOL ..but boy can he paint!

Enjoy your visits and spread the word

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

Hello Mark and welcome to Pf:).
    Ralph.
  5. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi Mark

Welcome to PF. Cape Town is a truly beautiful part of the world.
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome you proper modeller you !

Hope you enjoy your time with us.
    what is the modelling scene like in S.A. ?
    napoleonpeart and garyhiggins like this.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Welcome to pf, especially to a fellow Napoleonic fan. I went to south Africa on business for a week about 11 years ago...It was paradise for a lover of nature.

Keith
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark,
    Welcome to pF, with Welsh ancestry and South Africa all I can say is uSuthu(y)
    cheers
    Richie
  9. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Welcome to planetFigure Mark. Hope you getting a better enjoyment of the modelling world :).
    Regards, Gary.
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  10. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Hi Mark,

Welcome on Board. I used to live in Johannesburg were there was a pretty large figure painting community.

Ciao for now and hope you enjoy the Forum.

Franco
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Great welcome
    You live in a wonderfull country, I remember visiting it with my family in 1964 by car, from Congo through Rhodesia ( Victoria Falls, Wanki parc ) Transvaal, Cape Town, the coast to Durban, Krueger and back to Congo, a 6 weeks trip ( I was 16 years old at the time )