1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Going to Rome with the family 6-9th May.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Uruk-Hai, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    And Fernando is alwya such a nice and funny person. Easy to talk to.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    This is the place where we had dinner Saturday and Sunday.
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1034595-Reviews-Da_Pancrazio-Rome_Lazio.html

Good classic food. The place was recommended by Stephano Cannone in 2003 when I visited the World Expo. And I went there with Mike Blank and his wife. Or soon to be wife if I recall correctly.

It is said that this is the place where Julius Ceasar died and some parts in the cellar are still in original condition? Well worth seeing. I post some pics when Im home.

The evening ended in Abbeys and was a good laugh. Italian rugby fans bought me and me son whiskey and the female barttender armwrestled one of the guys and won with a little help. ;)

Going home tomorrow late so I can still spend most of the day in Rome.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    I just read you exert :
    Bet Kinder bet, morgen kommt der Schwede.
    Der Schwede der kommt mit dem morgenstern,
    Er frist die kleine Kinder gern

You could call it " Kinder Surprise" :p
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Morgenstern spielt an Oxenstern(Oxenstierna).

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  5. Trex Well-Known Member

I'll be traveling to Italy for business soon and I might stop at Rome for a day or two.
    If anyone has any update for this thread either figure related or tourist stuff, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Especially the Italian-Roman forum members are kindly asked to enlighten us all on what has to be seen or to be avoided while in Rome.
    Thanks
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Well, we invaded rome 2400 years ago . It was fun . See the figurines made by Sanderson in the 70ies ;)
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Yes poor breakfast, it's the same in France . And in hotels they charge extravagant prices for a twice boiled coffee and a croissant . In France I never eat breakfast at the Hotel ( 10 to 16€) but go in the next bar for an expresso and a croissant 3,50/4€ or better a baker store wered we took coffe and had a vast choice of pastries or sandwiches with thuna, ham, pork, salad, eggs , name it .
  8. Primvspilvs Member

I’m in Rome at the moment. Great weather and good food. Visit the Vatican museum but have timed tickets or it a VERY LONG queue. The do us area is open now we’ll worth visit, pre booking required. And don’t forget Trajan column.

have fun
  9. Primvspilvs Member

Sorry should say Domus Aurea , curse the spell checking
  10. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Just found this on Google....best advice for "When in Rome" ;)

The full phrase is "When in Rome, do as the Roman's do." t's an analogy making use of the strict rule of the ancient Roman empire, and synonomous with "Going with the flow,"

Enjoy your stay !!!