Germans from Tommy's War

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommys War, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm delighted to announce that I've agreed to purchase the masters and full rights to the Dr Tekla series of figures, first released in 2013.

You may remember the first two figures from 2013, there were also two figures never released. All four will now be available to purchase exclusively from Tommy's War.

All figures are sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi and box art of figures TW32CP03 and 4 are by Juan Manuel Jurado (Juanma will also be painting figures 5 and 6 and final shots will be uploaded in due course).

Prices are £16.00 per figure with a saving of 20% for members of the 2017 Tommy's War Collectors Club (which gives members a saving of £12.80 when purchasing all 4 German figures here!)

All available at www.tommyswar.com

TW32CP03 - Private, Infanterie Regiment 133 available here

[IMG]

TW32CP04 - Private, Infanterie Division available here

[IMG]

TW32CP05 - Leutnant, Prussian Infanterie Regiment available here

[IMG]

TW32CP06 - Unteroffizier, Angriffdivision, Kaiserchlacht available here

[IMG]

Note that figure TW32CP06 comes complete with an alternative gas mask head;

[IMG]

The base shown is TW32DIO1 (as shown in Trench Raid), this base is a 3 part diorama section sculpted by Andrew Belsey, we used two of the sections in Trench Raid and the third slots in for this figure (and any 1/32 from the Tommy's War or other figure ranges);

[IMG]

All four of the German figures, the diorama base and the Trench Raiders release are available at www.tommyswar.com
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I bought that first figure (in the long heavy coat) off you at Telford a few years back Darren, and funnily enough only the other day I was looking at it wondering whatever happened to Dr. Tekla, and did they ever release anything else?! Anyway question now answered! Great to see this range given a new lease of life, especially the two "previously unreleased" ones.

- Steve
    anstontyke and Tommys War like this.
  3. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    I really like them
    My favorite is the German with the heavy coat.
    Additional information from Martin Rohmann:
    His Name was Karl Heinrich Berthold Schönert, he was born on the 22nd of January 1885 in Dresden where he had worked as a industrial machine operator before the war started.

Serving in 12th coy of LIR133, he was killed in the Battles at Styr-Stochod by a headshot on the 27th of June 1916, about half a year after this photo was taken. Stochod and Styr are two of the four major rivers of Ukraine.

He was married to Gertrud Pfefferkorn with whom he had three children.

After recieving in military training in Posen he was was transfered to the front on the 15th of October 1915. From the 28th of October to 1st of May 1916 he took part in the fighting on the upper Schtschara-Serwetsch and from the 7th of June 1916 up to his death he fought in the area Styr-Stochod. On the day of his death he was hit by a rifle bullet that pierced his helmet and killed him instantly. He was buried (with other comrades) “below three oaktrees next to the road to Linievka”. His brother Karl Peter, was killed on the same day in the same battle.
    [IMG]
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I remember the fellow in the heavy coat, but I rather like the unteroffizier best of all.
  5. Huw63 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I like all of these figures - well done Darren et al.

Cheers

Huw
  6. Filipe Active Member

Brazil
    Great news, success :)
  7. Andrew Belsey Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm pleased to see these lovely sculpts by Nino finally on the market.
    Andy B
  8. Javi Mendez Member

I think the painter was JuanMa Vergara, not Jurado :)
  9. Cannonball Active Member

Great figures Darren and a great addition to the range. Are there any plans to expand this side of the range or diversify to cover some of the lesser covered national- colonial German trooper on camel maybe. I can but dream.