1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique German Tank Crew Normandy 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by licmas-tank, Oct 23, 2017.

1. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    We have cooperation with an manufacturer which produce other scale then our scale 1:16. we have licence to make this figures in our 1:16 scale. at the moment we use the painted picture as basis and the small figures for the posture. some do we change like we need or for our ideas.

our first project in this case was the german tank crew normandy 1944. we got for this an new sculptor, much better then the one we had before. before we must break up or figure projects, because result was to bad. now i want share with you the bodys before painting. in the progress of the sculpting i advise the sculptor and together we get an finished product. with every project i learn to look more for the details.

i want show you now the bodys and later on the master painting and the painting for production. we prodcute this crew as a kit only and assembled and painted too.

here are the pictures......opinions wanted...

i start with the commander of the tank crew.....

Panzer-Kommandant-licmas-tank-F1007-unbemalt-01.jpg Panzer-Kommandant-licmas-tank-F1007-unbemalt-02.jpg Panzer-Kommandant-licmas-tank-F1007-unbemalt-03.jpg Panzer-Kommandant-licmas-tank-F1007-unbemalt-04.jpg

here are the loader...

Panzer-Ladeschuetze-licmas-tank-F1009-unbemalt-01.jpg Panzer-Ladeschuetze-licmas-tank-F1009-unbemalt-02.jpg Panzer-Ladeschuetze-licmas-tank-F1009-unbemalt-03.jpg Panzer-Ladeschuetze-licmas-tank-F1009-unbemalt-04.jpg

here are the radio operator...

Panzer-Funker-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-01.jpg Panzer-Funker-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-02.jpg Panzer-Funker-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-03.jpg Panzer-Funker-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-04.jpg

here are the tank driver...

Panzer-Fahrer-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-01.jpg Panzer-Fahrer-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-02.jpg Panzer-Fahrer-licmas-tank-F1010-unbemalt-03.jpg

here the last one, the marksman...

Panzer-Richtschuetze-licmas-tank-F1011-unbemalt-01.jpg Panzer-Richtschuetze-licmas-tank-F1011-unbemalt-02.jpg Panzer-Richtschuetze-licmas-tank-F1011-unbemalt-03.jpg Panzer-Richtschuetze-licmas-tank-F1011-unbemalt-04.jpg
    thank you for your comments and opinions...
    greetings, licma
    Huw63, Borek, Martin64 and 1 other person like this.
  2. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    I love it, is the figure 4 parts? The body one piece, head and two arms? Nice casting and sculpting. Good luck with it.
    licmas-tank likes this.
  3. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    hello, thank you for your comment. :)
    at the moment we make three parts, body and two arms. greetings, licma
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Matthias,
    as requested by PM I respond to your new release:) - thank you for listening to members of this forum. I really appreciate the willingness of producers like you to have feedback beyond "great" and "must buy" - IMHO this will be a benefit for the producer and his potential customers likewise.

The masters of these figures are a huge progress in comparison to your last figure.
    They looked very familiar to me and as you mentioned that you cooperate with another manufacturer - here we go:
    Miniart Tank Crew 1.jpg Miniart Tank Crew 2.jpg Miniart Tank Crew 3.jpg

I guess that you have access to the masters for these plastic figures of Miniart - congratulations!
    The detail on these figures is still not as refined as on masters for figures that are made for resin casts in 1/16 scale because they are made with keeping in mind that the downscaled plastic copies in 1/35 scale still should show the details of these masters and so they are slightly exaggerated but I like what I see.
    The figures show personality and display different styles of the uniforms of the Panzertruppe. Four of them display partially or entirely the U-Boot-leathers that were first issued to Normandy tank crews of SS LAH and HJ Division and then kept in use till the last days of WW II. So the time span is somewhat limited to the final stage of WW II but maybe another future release will bring us more variants of the Panzer uniform or even a tank crew of other nations;).

It is a good idea to offer these figures as kits - if you can do this at a competitive price I think that at least two of them (accordeon player and tank crew with unbuttoned jacket) offer themselves for display as Miniatures in their own right without a 1/16 scale tank as a backdrop:D.
    As general anatomy looks good further refinements on details like volumes of clothing, additional folds, hands and faces should not be too difficult.
    Thumbs up from my side and great progress for your range!!
    Cheers, Martin
    Huw63 and licmas-tank like this.
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

Well done in taking the comments on board. These look much better.

Cheers

Huw
    Martin64 likes this.
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A huge improvement on the first figure you showed - excellent effort(y)
    Martin64 likes this.
  7. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    @huw63
    @valiant
    @martin64

thank you! greetings, matthias
    valiant likes this.
  8. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    hello,
    after we had finished the figure, our master painter made the master painting for the tank crew....

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

1a.JPG Deutsche-Panzerbesatzung-Tiger1-Normandie-licmas-tank-02.jpg

Panzerbesatzung-Normandie-1944-MG-Funker-licmas-tank-02.jpg Panzer-Besatzung-Ladeschuetze-F1009-licmas-tank-02.jpg Model-Tank-Commander-ww2-scale-1-16-F1007-licmas-tank-01.jpg Panzerbesatzung-Normandy-1944-Fahrer-licmas-tank-01.jpg Panzerbesatzung-Richtschuetze-Tiger1-Normandie-licmas-tank-01.jpg

after this we started the painting for the production......

greetings,

matthias

Attached Files:

yeo_64, Huw63, valiant and 1 other person like this.
  9. Huw63 A Fixture

They look marvellous. Well done.

Cheers

Huw
  10. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    hello huw,

thank you for your comment. we are very happy, that you like our crew.

greetings,

matthias
  11. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    i want share with you our finished product. this is now the production painting. we try to make next time better faces, specially better eyes....

Tiger1-Normandie-Fahrer-licmas-tank-Figur-01.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Fahrer-licmas-tank-Figur-02.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Funker-licmas-tank-Figur-01.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Kommandant-licmas-tank-Figur-01.jpg
    Tiger1-Normandie-Kommandant-licmas-tank-Figur-02.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Ladeschuetze-licmas-tank-Figur-01.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Panzerbesatzung-licmas-tank-Figur-01.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Panzerbesatzung-licmas-tank-Figur-02.jpg Tiger1-Normandie-Richtschuetze1-licmas-tank-Figur-01.jpg
    Tiger1-Panzerbesatzung-Normandie-licmas-tank-Natur-02.jpg Tiger1-Panzerbesatzung-Normandie-licmas-tank-Natur-04.jpg Tiger1-Panzerbesatzung-Normandie-licmas-tank-Natur-01.jpg

Whats your opinion about our production painting?

thanks for comments...

greetings,

matthias
  12. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Will these be available as unpainted kits, at any time?(y)
  13. licmas-tank Member

Germany
    hello valiant,

yes, we have kits too, will be available on www.heng-long-panzer.de in the end of november.

greetings,

matthias