1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP German SouthWest Africa scout C. 1914

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by captnenglish, Aug 15, 2015.

1. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    SWcamel.jpg SWcamel2.jpg SWcamel3.jpg Here are couple of WiP photos (not the best quality sorry) of a Dan Morton sculpt of a camel borne scout in German South West Africa(now Namibia) 7 or 8 Feld Kompanie on the eve of the Great War. I have had this figure in progress for longer than I care to admit, sorry Dan; not an excuse, but, I started this before my life went sideways and I ended up taking a considerable time away from seriously painting. I plan to have this finished for a competition in October so I will be posting the finished product between now and then. I do not have the rider in the photos as I just stripped him.

PS. I do not know why they are upside down, sorry
    crf, yeo_64, BillW and 1 other person like this.
  2. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I could only look at it for a couple of seconds as I'm not good at standing on my head.:D
    Looks like it's going well to me though.
    Regards
    Chris.
    captnenglish and malc like this.
  3. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Where you from ... The antipodes :)
    captnenglish and stoffy01 like this.
  4. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I have a habit of standind on my head, it gets in the way.
    Must remember to do my fly up next time:D
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry guys, I have posted them elsewhere and they uploaded fine. I don't know how to flip them here.
  6. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Don't worry my pics seem to turn out massive posting them on my android phone on the tapatalk app:(
    Have tried doing an instagram editing app so I don't know how they're turning out though hopefully better.
    captnenglish likes this.
  7. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Spider camel, spider camel... does whatever spider camel does.... My neck hurts, but it looks good :D
    Scotty, stoffy01 and captnenglish like this.
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    This gives me the hump........

Great subject , I have that book lots of references ..this is a theatre of war not often depicted

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great! I like the camel! You're doing a great job painting it!

Glad to hear from you. No apologies necessary Matthew - everybody's life goes sideways [mine included] and getting back on track can take time.

I've copied, Photoshop-ed and re-posted one of the photos below. The other photo results in a photo of 3 x 4 inches or so and the resolution is grainy and fuzzy no matter what I do to it. I'd suggest re-shooting it. If you don't have Photoshop, just send it to me at dpzpmorton@cox.net and I'll run it thru the software.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

BillW likes this.
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Dan. I'll see what I can do. I do not have Photoshop, so I may send it/them to you. I knew my lighting set up was wrong, but I just wanted to get a couple of quick pics
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    The lighting isn't bad on the photo above. I can help you work out lighting a bit via Photoshop. Since I'm not in California and can't see the actual colors you've painted, you'll have to steer a bit. Rather than put the PF viewers thru Photoshop adjustments, let's work on that via e-mails, get it the way you want it and then re-post here.

All the best,
    Dan
  13. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's fine. Thanks I will e-mail you with updated photos later this week. The camel itself and the carpets need lightening before I take more photos. I am stuck on a couple of other things, but we can discuss those when I send you more photos
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Any photos?

All the best,
    Dan
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Not right at the moment, I will see what I can send you, this week, I just found out I will be going out of town soon (on a long over due research trip) so I have been busy getting that together.
  16. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Matthew:

I would much rather communicate with you via e-mail as opposed to 'in the open' here on Planetfigure, but you haven't provided an e-mail address nor have you provided updated photos of the camel and figure within a reasonable period of time.

When you posted the three photos, I was pleased and hoped you'd make rapid progress. I wanted to give you every chance to fulfill your end of our agreement, but you do not seem to be able to do that. In nearly five years, per the photos you posted, you've painted some of the camel. I do not build figures so they can sit in someone's grey army unfinished. I wanted to be as generous as possible, but this is too much. I understand that life gets in the way and you have other priorities. We all do.

Please pack the figure and ship it to this address. I believe this is a reasonable request and I won't change my mind.

Dan Morton
    1315 South 169th Avenue
    Omaha, NE 68130
    dpzpmorton@cox.net

I will gladly pay postage to include professional packing to save you time and effort.

I apologize to members of the forum for involving you. To the best of my ability to tell, I was not given an option.

Dan
  17. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I received the figure and camel today, undamaged. Thank you!

Dan
    housecarl likes this.