1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP German POW, 1945 - 1:35

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Here's a little something I hope to do quickly.

It's a German POW stuck in one of the improvised POW camps called 'Rheinwiesenlager' (meaning something like 'field camp next to the river Rhine').

The Allies took so many prisoners in the last months of the war that they couldn't cope with the logistics. Not that they were in a mood to treat their German prisoners well either, after just having discovered some of the nazi's concentration camps.
    Conditions in the camps were very bad. Some had to live under the stars for months, rain or no rain, and food was scarce.
    Still an awful lot better than Siberia though...

The figure is a 1:35 scale from Takahashi Modelling with a Hornet head and Verlinden cap.

It'll be placed behind a barbed wire fence, which I am currently making from the tiniest copper wire I could find. I'll show that next time.
    The pics below show the general layout as I have it now.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Attached Files:

Uruk-Hai and (deleted user) like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks a great figure Adrian, he looks suitably **ssed off. Where do you get the Takahashi figures from mate?
    Carl.
  3. Ferris A Fixture

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your rapid response.
    I bought the figure from a hobby friend some time ago. Sculpting is great. Poses are very natural, and uniform choices or wear original. I love this series.
    But its in white metal mate...sorry:(

Cheers,
    Adrian
  4. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great idea. Somebody has released a series of German POW's, and I have always thought it would be neat to do a vignette of them in column passing a column of GI's or Tommies, each checking out the other.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    White metal.:cautious: I've just had a look at a shop in Japan, all sold out but they're in resin.
    Now stop playing on here and get painting.;)
    Carl.
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Yessir Carl, will pick up the brushes asap!

Thanks for commenting Steve. Do you mean the Stalingrad set? Should make a great vignette.

Cheers guys,
    Adrian
  7. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Very nice idea Adrian,
    I only want to suggest you to put the column at his right behind corner, put the wire diagonal and turn his head a bit right.
    Looking with interest the process(y)
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Following Adrian...