1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique German pilot, Jasta 16b

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pmfs, Jul 30, 2014.

1. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!
    Many of you already had seen the figure and the ground work, today I present you the final result hoping you guys like!?
    Not my first wedgie, but my first wedgie aeroplane. I have so many things to learn on this hobby but i´m happy by overcoming challenges each project I make.:happy:
    The Albatros DII colour scheme was based on a picture of the website Wings Palette, pag.3.
    The last but not the least, apologies for the lousy pics, not happy with them.:(

Cheers,
    Pedro.

Attached Files:

Martin64, Manfred, Aveleira and 19 others like this.
  2. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work Pedro!!

:)
    pmfs likes this.
  3. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looking good Pedro.
    pmfs likes this.
  4. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    Fantastic work,very very well paint ed
    pmfs likes this.
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    (y) Mark, Mike and Fabrizio, thanks for the input.

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Pedro.
    If you paint a wooden plain then it is incorrect. WW 1 planes where made of a hardwood skeleton and coverd with canvas.

Marc
    pmfs likes this.
  7. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Pedro,Your OK... Megroot is incorrect in his observation... Your plane is the Albatross which like so many german aircraft was constructed of tube interior and then covered in plywood panels.Then coats and coats of varnish..
    pmfs likes this.
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Awesome vignette, Pedro (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)!
    I Love It :LOL:! Thanks for sharing it with us here on the "planet" :p.
    Cheers!
    Kenneth.
    pmfs likes this.
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Marc, lolok and Kenneth thank you guys for the input.(y)
    Marc, I have some serious doubts about the Albatros fuselage mate, and one day searching about this type of planes I found this:http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepPeanutAlbatros.html
    and my doubts vanished for continue this project and go further with this color scheme.
    Perhaps a controversial theme, dont know the truthfulness of it... but I believe they were built with wood.

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I like it. Great idea and it is an interesting question with the planes and the wood
    pmfs likes this.
  11. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Nice work. I love the effect of the aircraft in the background. Yes you are correct the Albatros fuselage was made of plywood.
    pmfs likes this.
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    A lovely piece of work indeed. Excellent painting and groundwork. Bravo Pedro.

Xenofon
    pmfs likes this.
  13. swralph A Fixture

Looks great with the aircraft.
    pmfs likes this.
  14. Ferris A Fixture

That turned out great Pedro! Excellent piece.

Cheers
    Adrian
    pmfs likes this.
  15. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    pmfs likes this.
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I don't care about types of wood were used,it's a beautiful little scene and I love it pedro,congratulations :)
    pmfs likes this.
  17. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Very nice(y).
    Pete
    pmfs likes this.
  18. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An excellent result Pedro and great reference work on your first 'Wingy wedgie':cool: are you tempted to do a full plane next ?(y)

Cheers Ken
    pmfs likes this.
  19. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Ulrich, Chris, Xenofon, Ralph, Adrian, Eduardo, Brian, Pete and Ken, thank you all for your comments.(y)
    Thanks for the likes also folks!
    @Ken, I would love to built an entire aircraft, I have something in mind about a Portuguese pilot, Óscar Monteiro Torres, KIA in 1917 when is SPAD 7-C crashed on the ground after a dogfight outnumbered. In the fight he shot down two German aircraft (Halberstadt D.II) and then being shot down to by a Fokker fleet. He died the next day.
    He is burried in the biggest Lisbon Cemitery, Alto São João, very near of the grave of my older brother.

Cheers,
    Pedro
  20. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Pedro,
    Came out nice and interesting subject.
    Cheers
    John
    pmfs likes this.