1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Officer Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JCOX, Aug 7, 2004.

1. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Here's my latest attempt at sculpting a bust. The subject is a WWII German General based on the one at the end of Band of Brothers...

Can anyone give me some good links to German WWII rank insignia and uniforms? The pics I've been able to gleen from the movie aren't as clear as I'd like. Thanks in advance.

-jim cox

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
  3. Pete_H New Member

4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Jim , you did a great job, excellent sculpture, can't wait to see it painted.(y)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim!

I think you have a great start! The upper lip seams to be a tad long compared to the pics, the face also looks a little wide, but I think it is a good likeness so far! I have never tried to sculpt a portrait but I imagine it is super hard!
  6. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the links Lee and Pete. Very helpful.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. While the pics posted where the inspiration for the subject, I knew early on it was not coming out looking like the actor portrayed. This will just be a 'generic general'. :lol: Thanks for the observations though Anders.

-jim cox
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Here's where he's at now...

-jim cox

[IMG][IMG]
  8. fsdesimone Member

Jim, is that beading needle around the crown of the cap?

Francesca
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Jim,GOOD JOB on the bust (y) (y) !!! Keep up the good work and post more soon;I'll be keeping my eye out for it! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  10. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Fransesca, It's some kind of silver thread I picked up somewhere. Don't recall exactly what it is. It was the only thing I had on hand that was the approx. size I needed. I'll do the cap cords in front from a slightly bigger diameter thread.

Thanks Kennth.

-jim cox
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hey Jim......I don't comment too much on the sculpting side ( cause I don't sculpt ), but you have done a beautiful job in sculpting the bust.