1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Landwehr and Dog on rations detail

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I want to acknowledge my friend Ulrich Biroth for sending me the photo that started this vignette. He really has been the font of some amazing German Great War photos! Thanks again, Ulrich!

This is a Landwehr in modified M1915 tunic, trousers and feldmutze. The M1915 has had the long cuffs and the epaulettes removed. He is carrying a metal pail of food. The dog is a German short-haired pointer, the "company dog", also doing his bit. I dotted the ground work with just a few of the autumn leaves I'm making. There will be lots more on the final version. I used an autumnal backdrop which I think helped the photos a bit. The figures are MS except for bits of MS and kneadatite. The boots and head come from a casting of one of my figures, but both were re-worked to fit the scene. Pretty simple piece. Hope you like it!

My friends, Charlie Duckworth, an Omaha painter more well known for his WWI aircraft models and model railroad stuff, did a great job painting it and Pat Student, a fellow model railroader and photographer took the terrific photos.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well doneUlrich and Dan. A lovely scene.
  3. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Dan. No problem.

But I have just send the photo and you had had the work. And you have sculpted a nice little scene and Charlie has done a very good painting job.

Ulrich
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Tony and Ulrich: Many thanks!!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. Doberdob Active Member

A lovely vignette, Dan. Good work.

Primoz
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!
    All the best,
    Dan
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Dan,
    Extremely humanitarian.
    Cheers
    John
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Dan, great looking Vignette!

Regards,
    Marcel.
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    John and Marcel - Many thanks!!!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    nice combination of man and dog Dan,i like this one.

Steve
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Steve - sometimes simple vignettes are the best, right? As you can probably guess I'm a dog lover... My wife and I share our home with two mini-schnauzers, Zoe and Pip.

All the best,
    Dan