1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

german knight

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Dec 29, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Included I post some pictures of a figure Im painting now. It will ba a German knight about 1330. According to the Manessa codex (if someone has good websites about heraldry I would love to hear abot) it should be Hartman vön Starkenbarus (not sure about the last part of his name though). It's the second time I paint heraldry in acrylics and I feel it's starting to get better although there is room for A LOT of improvement. The figure is 54mm, whitemetal by the Italian firm Pegaso. Aq always, all is painted inacryllics.

I would love to hear your comments.

Best wishes,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    He looks really good to me Gino... I will agree with Keith regarding the heraldry. Keep up the good work.
  4. rdclaeps New Member

Nice work Gino. The heraldry is coming along nice. Is the mail finished?

Roger
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yes Mater Gino,

You finally did it. You take the advantage off a giant leap for a great painter.
    You do a very good job on the heraldy. As above said, make it pop-up.
    I hope that i can see him next thuesday.
    Keep on working.
    I think i gonna paint a knight for myself to. Don't no when, but its gotta be without heraldy.

Best Wishes,

Marc
  6. dario966 New Member

7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Thanks for the links to the heraldry. I now will have a hard time choosing one for my next figure. You all are a great help, thanks again!

Included I show a pic of a wall I've painted to go with my German knight. It's painted with acryllics and I used some oilpaint and Mig pigments.

I love to hear what you think of it?

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]
  8. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
  9. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding job Gino.

-jim cox