1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Gentleman In Khaki Update.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jan 1, 2013.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The end is in sight and I would like to get it finished this week to return it to it's owner so the pressure is on.

Roger.

G1.jpg G2.jpg G3.jpg
    NickM, tiberius57, Wings5797 and 6 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Roger.
    He should be pleased,
    Carl.(y)
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Carl, just a few bits to finish, tidy up and get it to Aberdeen in one piece.
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Like him, Roger!

Happy new Year!
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Martin and a Happy New Year to you too. :)
  6. Don Well-Known Member

Looking very good Roger, to me it just captures a "Gentleman in Khaki" to a T if you know what I mean. Good that you can get it back to the chap but its a fair old lump to get up to Aberdeen. I am sure he will be delighted with it.

Dont suppose there are anymore lurking around attics in Lerwick or Scalloway by any chance?

Have a safe trip back in this rather inclement weather.

Don
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks very well Rog,nice job. Like Don I'd be interested if you find another around the place ;)

Steve
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Don.
    Me taking back to Aberdeen is just the beginning of it's journey, it will have to do the final leg to Lerwick with it's owner.
    I'd be interested to know if there was anymore lurking about, I'd like to paint one for myself. I would modify the belt buckle and paint mine as a rifle regiment though.

Roger.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Steve. I'll make some enquiries. :)
  10. Don Well-Known Member

Roger I was sure it was going to Lerwick, was just worried about your travel to Aberdeen. Once you are back in, his travel to Lerwick will be easy as knowing these guys he will travel in a blurred sea of drink. Used to work with them and been there quite a few times, so I am sure you will understand.

Don
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I might have frequented the Thule Bar myself on occasion. :whistle:
  12. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks great Roger... lots of character, khaki turned out fantastic. Must feel odd painting all the way around the figure ;) Would like to see you do it more often. If you can come up with some "rondes" in your usual subject matter let me know.

Colin
  13. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Well done, Roger!!

All the best,
    Dan
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Colin, Dan, thanks very much for looking and commenting and yes it's a bit weird painting a round figure after concentrating on flats. :D

Roger.
  15. Foxwood Figures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Roger,
    Just picked up on this one. Nice work. Who made this? It looks very much like the former All the Queens Men figure we now own!
    Jackie
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Jackie, thank you. It's a Tradition of London figure, as far as I know it still is but don't quote me on that.
    I've just realised I never posted a photo of the finished piece and it's back with it's owner now. :(

Roger.
  17. Braemp Active Member

Very nice Roger. It's a pity you didn't take any pictures if him finished. Would have been nice to se.

Regards lars

Sent by tapatac
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Lars.
    Photo's are still possible, I'm not promising but I'll see what I can do.

Roger.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  19. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Like it a lot, mate! (y)
    It would be great to see the final photo's!
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Zeno, thanks very much.

Well the story is the figure is still on the ship and there has been some slight damage and a bit of the paint has scuffed. It's nothing major but I have said I will take it home again and touch up and repair what needs doing..... and take some photo's. :)
    I suppose a five and a half hour train journey and a trip out into the North Sea in winter was a bit much to expect. :D

Roger.