1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Gaul Warrior - 54mm Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Fabricio_Fay, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Fabricio_Fay Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Helo (y)

I have started this beautiful figure from Pegaso...
    I am using only acrilics, from Andrea, Citadel, Vallejo and Scale75. The cape was painted with airbrush.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Critics and advices will bee welcomed.

Cheers from Brasil :coffee:
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very nice work
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Olá Fabrício!

Lovely work on the cloak. Yellow is always a dificult colour to paint and you did a great job.
    Judging by the photo angle the left eye deserve more attention.

Um abraço,
    Pedro.
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I think your colour choices are spot on. Very earthy natural tones. I agree with Pedro, and would say that both eyes could be a bit sharper.
  5. Robert Laclavik Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Excelent start Fabrizio!
  6. swralph A Fixture

Looking good,
  7. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Fabricio. According to a contemporary Greek historian, Diodorus Siculus, Gaulish warriors lime-washed their hair and combed it back. The effect of this would be to bleach and stiffen the hair. I think the Pegaso sculptor has faithfully captured the brushing-back/stiffening effect and you might want to consider making the hair lighter to reflect the application of lime.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
  8. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Excelent job, Fabricio. My warm thanks to Jeff for the usefull historical informations added.