1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Galdrimbust of Lord of the Rings in 1/4

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sonnenteich, Apr 20, 2006.

1. sonnenteich Member

Germany
    Hello,
    some pictures of current work.
    This bust was sold already painte from Weta-Sideshows, but I didn't like the way it was covered with paint. So I tried to remove the prepainting and now I try to make it better!

[IMG]
    the prepainted bust

[IMG]
    paint removed

[IMG]
    [IMG]

All comments are welcome!

regards
    Frank
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Frank,

That's a cool bust. Looking good so far. How did you remove the paint from the bust?

Joe
  3. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi Frank,
    Judging by the figures and such in the background, that bust must be huge! :)
    I really like what you're doing to that bust. Especially like the colors you've used on the helmet. What are you using there?
    Looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks for posting,
    Craig
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Frank,

I agree, it was "" terrible " . You did a tremendous upgrade on the helmet. How big is it ??

Hope to see some more very soon.

Marc
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Frank,
    cool suff! I like where you're going so far, keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Very cool. Please post more pics as you progress. Let us know how you stripped the old paint off. This is a nice piece. Who is the sculptor?

Matt S
  7. sonnenteich Member

Germany
    Hallo guys,
    thanks for you kind words about these little boy.
    The scale is 1/4 and I think it weights about 1,5kg.
    I stripped the paint off with a nasty liqiud thats called "nitro Universalverdünner" here in Germany. What a smell! Dont know the word in english, but I am sure you can find it in hardware stores.
    The helm was primed with brwon acrylics from vallejo and then drybrushed with several layers with a mixture from Printers Ink and Humbrol satin-coat. The lights were made with gold and silver Pronters Ink. Then a lot of black and brown washing were needed to get rid of the glossy shimmering.

I will post more photos as the painting proceeds.

Regards
    Frank
  8. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    Frank,

My son is a collector of LOTR and has some of these busts in his showcase also swords, statues,helmets and other stuff. and I think he kills me if I stripped one :lol: ( no, I am sure he will)
    There are 46 from these busts made by Weta all caracters from LOTR some of them are real beautys.
    I ame looking forword to see the progres on this bust.

Peter