1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Fusilier De Infanterie De Ligne , 1791 (update 2)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello planeteers, i've made very little progress on my fusilier ,i was working on putting the 2nd trooper together,i cutted his turnbacks and made them a little longer, i can tell you that i am really happy with the ones i've made, i don't have a lot of confidence in sculpting yet,especially with this particular are of the uniform i am very picky cause i like certain shape and tried to sculpt them as close as possible to what i envision.
    Idecided to break my traditional mix of white for the coat and used a drop of vallejo deck tan and a drop of sotne grey.
    the lapels are 80% done, i've tried many combinations for the highlights and still not very happy with the result.
    Some areas need blending but it is almost done.
    As for the "casque" , i've painted the base color for the leopard imitation fur,i am happy with the base of the color,and i will paint the pattern as the one on the picture.
    One thing that i am struggling with is where the plume will go,some of the osprey plates show the plume on the front of the cockade,others on top,which it makes more sense.
    Still lot of work ahead , i scketched what i think it will be this scenette, i did it quick last nite and with little light so it looks a crappy job but just to get the idea.

Best regards DSC03734.JPG DSC03733.JPG DSC03735.JPG DSC03737.JPG DSC03732.JPG ws_Leopard_Skin_1280x800.jpg
    Don Johnson and ChaosCossack like this.
  2. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks excellent so far mate, cant wait to see what they look like with a bit of paint on them
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    thanks man, i already basecoated the seconfd trooper today and paint it the imitatin leopard skin fur,so i will be posting more pics oon.
    thanks for your kind words and for watching the thread.
    Best regards
  4. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing it, Once I get a grip and stop stripping models instead of painting them I'm sure I will have a few to post.
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Nice progress...!

Cheers
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Good , looking forward to see your next project :)
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Martin, i am glad you like it (y)
    Regards