1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Soldiers WWI Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hello everyone

here some photos from my finished French Soldiers WWI from Jon Smith (54mm). I think I will try in future only figures over 54mm. It is not realy my world, this "little" things.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

and the second one

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Ulrich
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great work Ulrich, I like the wet look of the grounwork. Your work with 54mm is very good, maybe you should do what I do, paint something larger and then go back.

Roger.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ulrich,
    you don't give yourself enough credit. these are nice pieces. I think the clothing could use a bit more in the way of highlight and shadows, but over all both are quite nice! I'm with Roger, the wet groundwork is nice.

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Ulrich. You do a nice job on the "little" ones
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Ulrich,
    There is nothing wrong with your paintwork on this 54 mm. You can go with it.

Marc
  6. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    @ Marc, Guy, Roger: Thanks for your comments. My next figure will be a "little more" bigger.

@ Jay: I know my problems with shades and highlights. But this are only problems by my 54mm-figures, not by the greater ones. When I try my next 54mm, I will remenber your advice.

Ulrich
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    you did a good job painting these figures, your ground work looks pretty good too.

No matter how many figures we paint, we are never satisfied, we all desire to paint a better figure ;) .

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work Ulrich,I like the second one most.
    keep up
    christos