1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP French Line Infantry NCO 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, May 23, 2015.

1. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If I saw the Prussians coming the tent poles would be the last thing I would worry about LOL:nailbiting:

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Richie, ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looking good Roger...
    In my reading on the war... It seems when the alarm sounded, the French left everything behind that wasn't growing out of them or contained alcohol. :hungover:
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Oh yeah, I don't have this in the GA but it's on the list... depending on your result here of course ;)
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Colin, don't wait for me... get it now! :D
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Following extensive research.... well all the pics I have of c.1870 French troops :) , the tent poles have been shortened and this is how it is looking at present.

IMG_1872.JPG
    Wings5797, Richie and Dan Morton like this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    nice work so far.

Marc
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Marc. :)
  8. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good mate like what you have done with the sheepskin jerkin nice browns, the tent poles look better I have to say, it's going to look great when finished. are you going to put snow on the base? always thought it looked more effective with the snow, it adds to the weary /tiered cold look.

I was lucky enough to get lots of info from the army museum in Paris on the uniforms and equipment which does help when deciding which figure you want. I always love the painting of this figure and that was why he was our first one. glad your enjoying him looking forward to seeing him in the flesh keep it up mate

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Ian.
    The plan is to follow the painting so yes there'll be snow. (y)
    Unfortunately on the occasions when I visited the museum in Paris the 1st & 2nd Empire exhibits were closed for refurbishment. :(
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking very good.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Bob.:)
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Another fine rendering Roger! Tent poles - phooey. Individual variation and artistic license. Did you remember to renew yours this year?

All the best,
    Dan
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I remember that day, they were closed for tent pole refurbishment on their display models, I think they were moving them up in height.:LOL::p........I know **** *** chimps.

Hi Roger,
    Mate you are doing a fine job on this piece and look forward to having a closer look at the club. Hopefully by then you will just about done.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
    billyturnip and ellie like this.
  14. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dan does this mean I'm becoming a button counter or tent pole adjuster I will have to check that out.:rolleyes: And don't forget Rodger the artistic licences comes free in every box(y)

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    billyturnip and Richie like this.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Richie, one day I will go back and see those tent poles. :)
    I'll bring it along a week on Friday and I should also have made some progress on a 24th Foot fig you may be familiar with, oh and a Panzer IV D! :wideyed:
    Richie likes this.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Dan, as much as I'm all for artistic licence you can't mess around with 2nd Empire tent poles.... some things are sacred. :D
    We won't even go into the trouble the difference between the British and US spellings of Licence/license has just caused me. :confused:
    Dan Morton likes this.
  17. swralph A Fixture

Looking good.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Ralph.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Today I've put some base coats of acrylics on the greatcoat and trousers prior to getting the oils out.

IMG_1900.JPG
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    oh man, I already like what I see, and another round figure no less...
    Good to see your magic brushwork here roger.
    All the best