1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Imperial Guard - 1815

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by smudger1960, Jul 6, 2015.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I thought I would post this in the completed section as its the only piece from my Guard project with minimal changes to the actual stock piece and ready to purchase as is from CGS.

I said minimal as the only change I made was to remove the rolled greatcoat from the knapsack,as the piece is already wearing the greatcoat and I added a wound bandage to the right hand,everything else is as the bust originaly was.

I have to say this has to be one of the best Napoleonic busts I have ever painted,it's not only a great kit but expresses so much sorrow and captures the defeat at Waterloo perfectly.

The piece was completely finished in oils over acrylic GW undercoats,the metals I completed with the andrea acrylic paint sets and winsor and newton silver ink.
    The bandage was made from Magic-Sculpt.

As this is part of a larger project and to represent the scene at waterloo I added weathering to the clothing and flag using oils and charcoal.

The bust has been beautifully sculpted by Carl Reid who in my opinion has captured the moment perfectly.

The bust is produced by my good friend Graham Scollick and is available from CGS Military Figures.
    www.cgsmilitaryfigures.co.uk
    CR02 - French Imperial Guard - 1815 - £45.00

la garde recule 001.JPG la garde recule 002.JPG la garde recule 003.JPG la garde recule 004.JPG la garde recule 005.JPG la garde recule 006.JPG la garde recule 007.JPG la garde recule 008.JPG la garde recule 009.JPG la garde recule 011.JPG la garde recule 012.JPG la garde recule 013.JPG la garde recule 014.JPG la garde recule 015.JPG la garde recule 020.JPG la garde recule 021.JPG la garde recule 023.JPG la garde recule 024.JPG la garde recule 017.JPG la garde recule 019.JPG

Brian
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    What a stunning piece! I would not know where to start painting the flag, just amazing.
    John Bowery and smudger1960 like this.
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Graham for your coments and kind words,I cannot express more what a great bust this is,the flag painting does seem a little daunting,but with some careful planning good results can be achieved
  4. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Top draw stuff, wasn't a Napoleonic fan until Mr Reid knocked out his busts and seeing what you can do with them is very inspirational!
    smudger1960 likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    One word on this ...AMAZING .......

In every respect

Nap
    smudger1960 likes this.
  6. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks my friend,I'm loving all these napoleonic bust releases,I would highly recommend you try one of them,great fun
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks again Kev for your support and very kind coments,glad you like it mate
  8. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    smudger1960 likes this.
  9. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely Done Brian.
    smudger1960 likes this.
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Ian for your kind words,much appriciated
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Mike for your kind coments
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Perfect work, and its great to see one of them finished.

Marc
    smudger1960 likes this.
  13. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Marc for your kind words mate
  14. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    As normal Brian you have/are creating an awesome conversion with paint work to match.
    Good luck with those to come Mate.
    Keith
    smudger1960 likes this.
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Keith for your coments,it's beginning to come together,hope to start bust 3 tomorow
    Wings5797 likes this.
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    That is amazing painting and very atmospheric.
    Cheers
    John
    smudger1960 likes this.
  17. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Great weathering as usual Brian. The flag is superb!

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    smudger1960 likes this.
  18. Edward A Fixture

England
    Lovely work Brian!
    smudger1960 likes this.
  19. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing brushwork as always Brian!!
    Seeing this i imagine all of the others beside him, it will be one of a kind project!!
    Congratulations once more!!!
    Dimitris
    smudger1960 likes this.
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Always knew it would be good mate.....but......just lost for words :wideyed:(y):happy:....you and Gra must be over the moon......congratulations on a masterpiece of the painters art :woot:
    smudger1960 likes this.