1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

French Dromedaire Regiment

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by jai, Dec 1, 2016.

1. jai A Fixture

Italy
    for the first review I choose a particular subject.

French regiment of dromedaries RPMODELS

2.jpg

A bit of history

During the Italian campaign the years
    1796 - 1797 was no secret the fact
    Bonaparte dreamed of meeting the
    His ambition in the East. (J. Tulard, Napoléon et la Méditerranée, in "Français Anglais et en Méditerranée de la Révolution française à l'indépendance de la Grèce
    (1789-1830) ", Service historique de la Marine, Vincennes, 1992 ... In the proclamation of March 10, 1797 addressed all'armée d'Italie
    Napoleon had for the first time an idea of ​​conquest, in a letter to the Directorate of August 16, 1797: "Les couleurs françaises flottent
    sur les bords de l'Adriatique 24 lieues en face de l'ancienne Macédoine ou d'Alexandre s'élança sur l'Orient. Une large destinée vous est
    réservée ... »)

1.jpg

The French fleet, which transported the armée d'Orient
    live in Egypt, he undertook the journey on 19 maggio1798
    The set reached no less than 55 naval ships loaded
    54 000 men, of whom 38,000 were soldiers
    Armée d'Orient, created for the occasion.
    in there were also 167 scientists and artists with whom the general-in-chief Bonaparte
    He created Instiut of Egipte.
    3.jpeg

The shortage of pack horses and animals in addition to the quality of dromedaries convinced the General Bonaparte to the creation of an infantry regiment mounted on the style of the dragons.
    On January 9, 1799, he created the Demi Brigade of Dromedaries.
    To constitute it, each half-brigade had to provide fifteen soldiers chosen from among the best. Initially, there are, by dromedary, two horsemen placed back to back and armed with spears. But many cavalrymen being nauseated, one returns to one cavalier per mount, a cavalier now armed with a rifle with bayonet at the cannon.
    e519e43f38f0a704fcb565fff167fbc2.jpg
    This unit is composed solely of infantrymen with a staff and two squadrons with 8 companies of 59 men, four of which will be mounted
    The officers will have to come by half of the cavalry and the infantry
    The role of this regiment will be to protect the convoys and to carry out commando actions of the transport of the urgent mail and of the surveillance of the unsubstantiated tribes
    The men will be armed with a bayonet rifle like the infantry and a long lance but they do not fight mounted. When approaching the enemy they put down and form a square or they put their And use them as a bulwark to fire

This very brief history
    Information can be had in various studies, the first of produit_image1_13676_1369214174.JPG
    or online on Gallic or google books
    https://books.google.it/books?id=KK46AAAAcAAJ&pg=PA219&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
    https://books.google.it/books?id=KK...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
    http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k115363x#
    http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k115363x/f307.image
    http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k115363x/f600.image
    9780543996602-fr-300.jpg

We come to the miniature DSCF9166.JPG

inside the package a numbered certificate of authenticity, only 300 copies were made ... DSCF9168.JPG DSCF9169.JPG

three heat-sealed envelopes containing the cast pieces in a good gray resin DSCF9170.JPG DSCF9171.JPG DSCF9172.JPG

Attached Files:

Trex, yeo_64, Fabricio_Fay and 4 others like this.
  2. jai A Fixture

Italy
    the figure is decomposed in an intelligent way, once built can not see the seams
    DSCF9173.JPG DSCF9177.JPG DSCF9195.JPG DSCF9196.JPG DSCF9192.JPG

later to my positive and negative thoughts

Sorry for my english

Giorgio
    Trex, yeo_64, Fabricio_Fay and 5 others like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Giorgio

Good to see this being done ..look forward to further thoughts

Nap
  4. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Excellent review, thank you!
  5. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I picked one of these up a few months back, very well designed and lots of thought put into the construction of the piece, the casting is very good, now getting round to painting it is another story.

Tommi
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. NeilH Member

United-Kingdom
    Got mine at Scalemodelworld, fantastic model.

Neik
  7. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Now that is some pretty cool engineering indeed. Neat looking figure and camel.
    Pretty cool subject indeed!

Thanks for Sharing, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks some great figure to me.
    Now I have to wait for the painted one.

Marc
  9. Fabricio_Fay Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Beautiful figure!!!!
    Hope to get one!!!
  10. jai A Fixture

Italy
    Thanks for the comments
    I do not know whether there are still copies available, including retailers I know only Perencio Models

We see the positive notes of the piece

First of all .... WOW !!! This I believe was the thought of many when we were introduced to the project here on PF
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/french-dromedary-regiment.80051/
    In the discussion of the presentation you can find many designs that do not republish here.

some new use of the animal in the French army in North Africa
    ambulance-volante-installee-sur-le-dos-dun-chameau-memoires-de-chirurgie-militaire-et-campagnes.jpg a18502ae274a0056d9678c86293912b2.jpg 52083d3a512f321b7f5c5a54da963f63.jpg 9542550f1dde681a13bd16edc96a2e02.jpg ec61b2580f5c6cf0d27fd034ed5d3bb9.jpg

Another positive note the epistolary relationship with Hugo Pereira ... very nice

This entity was created with the new 3D technology, I was surprised they did not find signs of the print overlapping lines. good job and a good used car that I assume is very expensive

The quality of the joints I mentioned
    Trex and Zastrow.cuirassier like this.
  11. jai A Fixture

Italy
    The negative note, in my opinion
    the rifle does not seem a model used by the French army.
    the butt (I hope google translate well) reminds me a shotgun Lepage in 1820 and not a Charleville late eighteenth century
    DSCF9199.JPG
    DSCF9200.JPG
    It 'was a mistake not to divide the sabretache the saber.
    The sabretache is too thick.
    I think when you build the model does not put.
    DSCF9198.JPG
    The cartridge belt is on the wrong side and presents the error that I pointed out in the presentation discussion.
    or the "bonnet de police" is related harm
    You can still easily correct
    less easy to adjust the straps ... with a little 'inventive you can edit
    I believe that these errors were caused by the rush to finish the product to be presented at a trade show that took place shortly after the presentation.
    But I think it will be a very fun piece to build and paint, too bad I'm not a great painter
    Very nice head and other details
    DSCF9212.JPG
    Sorry for my english
    Giorgio
    Trex, Zastrow.cuirassier and yeo_64 like this.
  12. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mr. Jai...

In first place I want to express my pround to you... Im felt very pound and honored because this is the first review that you did, and you choose a RPmodels piece... And has you sometimes express in posts before, the resistence of 3D... I hope this be the first of RPmodels reviews... And I would like to see more reviews... Congratulations for the excellent work...

After I saw your opinions and comments, I would like explain some points.

About the rifle, we used the rifle that they think they used... in the french Army, they used different weapons in different years... It was someone explained me... I knowlodge is very poor, so I was helped some a friend that do napoleon armies studies... But if you tell the model is wrong, I just can say I will try to do better for next time...

One thing that Im very happy is because until now, no one do negative critics, and I just received positive and good feedbacks... And the Serie is SOLD OUT... There are no pieces available... So its a huge sucess to RPmodels... Of couse Im very happy...

About divide the sabretache the saber, we dont see nothing wrong... I used and fixed some of them to some pieces that we put in the shows and it fix´s very well... If the piece dont fix, I will send you imediately a new one, because there are some problem with the piece... So let me know please...

About the cartridge... Has you can see, most of the details are time paints... And if you can check, they have the rifle in the right side, and we put in the left side... This is very simple of explain... All our models go to softwares of movient, so when you put the rifle in the right side, they have many difficult to use the spear... And we do the tests, and if the guy put the spear on the enemy, its very difficult to take the spear from the enemy... The 3D its a tool like a said before, in different posts... And the softwares dont do the work, but help us a lot... And we test everthing... For example, we have a new figure, Viriatus, and when you see the cape you understand the form and folders of the cape are perfect... Because we did some wind on the cape... And we test everthing, because in our first figure. Mad Jack we received some critics about the concept, and its impossible to do what people said... But this is past... And the most important thing, its today and the future...

The piece was develop to be present in Euromilitaire 2016... But we didnt do the piece because the show... If the things dont have quality, I dont lauch them... Im very demand... And I just want develop figures with detaild and with accuracy... About your rifle, I will send you a new one, because this piece isnt in the best conditions... So dont worried...

In this moment, I STOP all lauchs, because we need to do a reformulation... We SOLD OUT some figures in the past, but we arent ready to SOLD OUT a Limited Edition of 300 Figures in 5 days... we never expect that.. NEVER... So we are improve everthing, and because in this moment the 1/9 Douglas Bader Cockpit its almost SOULD OUT, and there are just a few pieces available, and I believe it will happend the same, we are prepare everthing to avoid the problems that happen in the past... And we are developing the decals too...

Thank you so much for your support and friendship... I hope you can continue deserve your trust and confidence...

THANK YOU Sir.
    With best regards
    Hugo Pereira
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Giorgio

Thanks for review , you raided pints which gave been answered by Hugo , but I worked on this piece researching for what mst been weeks in total on a subject that is very limited in documentaion on a subject depicted often .

Look at tge threads when Hgo asked got comments when tge piece was being worked on ...lots of suggestions all acted n by RP

Equit was carried then as now when soldiers are on campaign in often non regulation places for ease

This was not a hurried piece at all in order to release at a show that I can vouch for

I do hope you will paint this piece , it's one that will surely give hours of enjoyment

Nap
  14. jai A Fixture

Italy
    Dear Hugo and Nap.
    First of all my support to RPmodels will.
    I was surprised by the good quality of the work.

Honestly I said my impressions, some things that I would have done differently.

I saw the finished piece and I booked right away. I liked it even with the flaws that in my opinion I considered wrong.
    Nobody forced me. and above all it was the only piece that I bought in this year ... and I buy only what makes me say wow with the belly

You do not need new parts, not perhaps put the sabretache not necessarily because they had this equipment.
    I continue to be the idea that some parts should be carved individually, the quality would be better.

A good painter can hide the alleged defects. I'm not a good painter and to do well I need to pieces in my opinion good

Thanks to the availability of sending replacements, but it is not necessary ....

In some readings I saw that the sword was tied with a simple rope. I find this the most typical solution therefore also for this reason I may not put the sabretache

I am convinced also that the equipment was what was ... the problem of the horses is just in the style of Napoleon's organization. You had to capture all the enemy ... the problem is that the enemy has left only the old and sick horses and Napoleon had to choose the dromedaries.

For the rifle and cartridge belt long speech.

the gun can be fixed in different ways to the saddle to the right or to the left.
    the model would have preferred a 1777
    if possible I would like to know which weapon model was chosen
    because even if I have to explain the model to friends I would like to specify various details.

the cartridge belt instead think as Ivo Preda, recognized by all as a profound expert Napoleonic era, so I continue to say that it is wrong put on the left side.

To justify that side we can say that the soldier had been wounded in earlier clashes and had pain on the side of the body where it should have been, and moved to the other side ....

Say or do not say things that one feels bad?

In my opinion the writer reviews should honestly write what you think ... I think I was honest.

I apologize for my English, perhaps the translation has changed the direction of my sentences.

if I were to .... I would give it 8 out of a maximum score of 10 points

10 of 10 never gave him up

Giorgio
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jai ,

Like my reviews honesty is the way to go which you have given in this , your opinion is valued.

You are right sometimes tge sure was seen on a cord like the Mamelukes used sometimes , indeed as did napoleons enemies .

Look forward to mor from you and seeing your work ..whatever it is .

Nap
  16. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello mr. Jai

Once again Thank you for your comment...

In first place, Its very important to RPmodels and for me your opinion and your ideas... Im happy because RPmodels mantain your trust and confidence...

I understand perfectaly that you only give your opinion... And I accepted her, because the best way to grow up and be better and improve is listen people... Listen the comments, critics, ideas and inputs... And RPmodels believe in that... And this is and will be ever our behaviour. If you put your head in the ground, dont listen no one, how can you have certain what is wrong? How can you improve? How can you do better? And this is my way of work... In my work, when something is wrong, after the situation we have a meeting to discuss what happend, and try to improve and do better for next time... Its the same in here, in a different way, but the important is listen who knows and see the best way to change. If you remenber, it happend with this piece. We pute d a eagle, and its wrong, because in that time Napoleon arent Imperator... And when everyone told us, we start to change imediatly... And the final result is what you have in hands...

So, just to finish, I just want EXPRESS my gratitute for your review, and thank you for the score.

Thank you so much for everthing.

With best regards
    Hugo Pereira