French Dragoon 1810-1812

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Michaelminiatures, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    French Dragoon 1810-1812
    My entry for October French Dragoon Chef d'escadron 1810-1812 Made by Andrea Miniatures I painted this nice bust with acrylics and used printers inks on the metals. The torso was resin and the helmet and plume white metal.

Attached Files:

2. Old johnny PlanetFigure Supporter

I like it..a lot...my bias is against subjects with oddly contorted expressions...this subject and your execution resonate with me.
  3. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Got this posted in the wrong place ? Should be figure of the month category. Ended up here?
  4. winfield Member

What medium do you use, Mike? That blending on the jacket is awesome.
  5. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Winfred,
    I used Andrea yellow and green paint kits on the jacket, get the 5 different colors where you want them and then blend them with very thin washes. Takes a lot of passes and plenty of patience. I further highlight the yellow with thin washes of lemon yellow and the green with jade green both reapers paints.
    Hopes this helps.
    Mike
  6. winfield Member

7. Tonton Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful rendering of the facial tones and uniform. My only reservation is the leopard skin pattern on the turban. It doesn’t look quite right.

Jeff