Franco Prussian War_M. Kontraros Collectibles

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Michael Kontraros, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Michael Kontraros Active Member

Greece
    Hello everyone!
    It was about time to release some historical miniature

After an extensive selection of fantasy figures Michael Kontraros Collectibles has taken a brave step into the world of Historical Figures. This immaculately detailed product range will feature high quality 75mm figures focusing on combatants from various eras, wars and battles. Wars have been unfortunately fought throughout time, however the uniforms, armor, heraldry and art of war remains to this day spectacular. The "Mortal Enemies" project will introduce modelers to the two sides of each war, we will carefully select interesting, colourful and exciting themes that will inspire modelers to paint, read and learn!

Franco Prussian War

French and Prussian officer
    Sculpted and Painted by Christos Panagiotopoulos
    Art Direction: Michael Kontraros

75mm high quality resin casting

WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
    Preorder here
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mortal-enemies-franco-prussian-war-miniatures/x/2681790#/

poster_boath_pic.jpg
    french_02_pic.jpg
    french_03_pic.jpg
    prussian_02_pic.jpg
    prussian_03_pic.jpg

perk_01a_french copy.jpg
    perk_02a_prussian.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great figures, especially like the french one!:whistle:
    Cheers
    Pawel Krasicki
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. El Tché Well-Known Member

The french is awesome !
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Do you know, when I was 13 I spent a whole school year studying the Franco-Prussian war at school and I thought it was the most boring thing in history. All I remember about what I learned then is it happened between 1870-71 and something about Alsace-Lorraine!
    Now it's 43 years later and I don't find it boring at all. In fact I love the uniforms from both sides. It can't be a coincidence that I like the ACW too as they are from nearly the same time.
    These figures are simply exquisite. They are definately on my to have list. Congratulations to all involved in creating them.
    OldTaff and tomifune like this.
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent sculpting and painting from Christos, both figures should do very well. (y)(y)

Cheers Ken
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    The Frenchman is a winner.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just tried to buy using Paypal-told they couldn't process the payment at the moment and to return to Merchant?

Hopefully a dealer will be able to get me one when it is released. I really can't be bothered to chase these things when they don't work.

Keith
  8. Jazz A Fixture

England
    That happens to me sometimes if I try to buy via my tablet, but usually works if I use my laptop. Worth a try if you have both.
  9. Oda A Fixture

Both Michael and Christos are high calibre artists which is even more remarkable when one discovers that they are exceptional characters too.This project is an ambitious one and full of inspiration.I really hope it does well!

Oda.
  10. Michael Kontraros Active Member

Greece
    Thank you all for the good comments. The main idea is that each "mortal enemies" release will include 2 miniatures. Same rank, same battle, opposite sides... with your help a lot more will follow

OldTaff, Oda and Viking Bob like this.
  11. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Love the Frenchie, love the pose.
  12. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Very great figures! (y)
  13. Michael Kontraros Active Member

Greece
  14. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    love the french Guy very well done indeed, will be getting them, just fits in nice with my Franco Prussian war collection. well done.

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Oda likes this.
  15. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Both excellent sculpts, capturing the elan of the period....reminiscent of Detaille's and De Neuville's paintings. (y)

Alan
    Huw63 and Oda like this.
  16. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Excellent sculpts - both of them.
    Chris
  17. Blackship Active Member

Greece
    Excellent choice and great sculptures both.
    The French is exquisite and the German has its own character.
    Congratulations to Christos for his effort and all the best to Michael to this new endeavor.
  18. jai A Fixture

Italy
    great figures

I wish you a good success of the campaign
  19. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Love the French figure especially, and I would also have the Prussian but for the fact that I already have a very similar figure in the Elite Miniatures release from a while ago. That doesn't mean the Prussian officer offered here is poorly sculpted or painted; far from it in fact. It's just that I already have one in my collection. Perhaps a future release could be a Prussian Cuirassier from Von Bredow's "death ride" at Mars-la Tour?
    Oda likes this.
  20. Michael Kontraros Active Member

Greece