1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

fourth update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Sep 10, 2005.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    hello Guys,

Have filling around with the brush a few days.
    the Cuirasses is almost finished. Need highlighted but the wash is drying.
    Put in some belt color in leather, did the trousers. I am trying to put some leather bands on to the legs but the colour, well i don't like it.
    So any help will be apreciate it.
    Critic and comments good or bad it helps alot.

Marc

[IMG]
  2. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Marc;
    He is looking better each time you post. I decided to paint mine as a younger man, with red hair, instead of a veteran. I went with a light blue cloak, but seeing your green, I am wondering if I made the right decision? Keep up the good work!
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marc, I like what you have done so far, the highlights on the face really make the face stand out.
    You are improving by leaps and bounds, just keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hi Marc,

Like I said here before on the PF, he's turning out great.

A suggestion for the straps on the legs: try weathering with a mixture of yellow ochre + a bit of Venetian red on a dark brown underground. This worked for me.

Johan
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Glenn,

I think you made a good choice with the light blue. The figure almost paint himself. Blue is also beautifull when you see the boxart. I like to leave the boxart in colours when it can. (for instance napoleonic's is as the boxart).
    Lookong forward to see yours.
    Marc
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Rocco,

Your looking at my figure's and comments keeps me going.

Marc
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Johan,

I will try your mix for the straps.

marc
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Gorgeous, Marc! Terrific choice of colors. He looks great!

All the best,
    Dan
  9. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Marc, I'm fortunate to see your progress in real. I like the figure but most of it the improvements you've made so far this year.
    Marc, try burnt umber with some yellow ocre (oils) Although I'm an acrylic fanatic, I like this from oils for leather etc. (Was a tip I did get once from Marcel from AMSS ;) )
  10. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    This fellow is looking better Marc, I'm sure you'll find a solution to the leather work.

All the best.

Roy.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Dan,

Appreciate that you are looking.

marc
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rob,

Thanks for the encouraging words. Always apreciate.

Marc
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Roy,

Now i have had the whole evening for the leather work. It is getting better, but not what i am looking for. Maybe it is coming allright.

Marc
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Super work Marc..........I have been working to improve my leathers for 20 years.......so don't get disheartened........its an ongoing process.

I just got an email that my figure is being shipped from a back order. I am anxious to start it and will use yours as a color guide. Keep up the great work Marc.........you get better and better with each figure you do.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    thanks Guy,

Again a feather in my @#$ . But i got so much to learn from you and the others.
    I got to remember you what i say back earlier. It is a great figure, you can see it, it drops bye on the planet now and then.
    So alot off people are charmed of it.
    I hope, no i know you gonna get the best out of this figure.

Marc.