1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

First try to paint black

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Dekiman, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Hello
    Today I finished my first attempt to paint figures in black robe.
    Its figure from Crecy Models and I paint him as Hospitaler.
    I didnt like his flag (its to thick) and I still dont have enough skill to create one so I opted for a spear.
    I would like to hear what I can improve (sure is much that I can do better).
    Pictures are taken by a phone. WP_20160206_10_43_42_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_10_44_29_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_10_44_51_Pro.jpg WP_20160206_10_45_11_Pro.jpg
  2. Dekiman Well-Known Member

3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    What paint did you used??

First of all don't paint with black at all. It is the darkest color you can get, and that should be used for the shades.
    Mix a very dark color. With oils I use Sepia, Burnt Umber and Indigo. That gives a very dark color but it isn't black. It is easy to highlight and shading resp. with white and black.

marc
  4. Dekiman Well-Known Member

I used Italeri and Citadel acrylics.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Im still learning and every advice is very valuable to me.