1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP First Special Service Force, Radicosa area, Italy, Jan. 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Recon, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Recon Active Member

Norway
    Here are some pictures of Recon Productions next release in the works!

It shows a member of the US/Canadian joint "First Special Service Force" in the mountains near Radicosa, hauling a crate of grenades on his Yukon Packboard. The servicemen nicknamed themselves "Freddie's Freighters" after the name of their commander, Robert T. Frederick, and the fact that they had to carry all their equipment and supplies themselves or with the aid of donkeys up the steep mountain paths.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The bust still needs some details and a lot of refinements, the basic shapes are done and his rifle is in the works. He will have a M1A1 Carbine slung across the front. He is made to look like he is squinting againts the strong mountain winds pulling on his clothes and bringing the large crate on his back out of balance.

The crate and packboard has been made with plastic card and stock, the head and hood is made with Supersculpey firm and the main body with magicsculpt. The face is partly based on the Australian Officer Ray Simpson, as his prominent nose and jaw made a interesting and powerful face!
    [IMG]

Sorry for the dark pictures, it was hard to show the details in all the different materials!

Release will be sometime around New Year, so keep watching this forum for more information!

Thank you for looking!

-Sverre

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Sverre,

Thanks for posting this , looks to be another great piece of work , like the way the fur around the hood has been done as thugh its been caught in the cold and bitter wind.

Keep us up dated .

Nap
    Recon and swralph like this.
  3. Allen230 New Member

United-States
    Hi Sverre,

Very cool and a great subject choice.

I was in the same unit as Ray Simpson (many years after he severed) now that would be a great bust and unique as i know not of any other busts of a 1 Cdo Regt memeber.

Allen
    Recon and swralph like this.
  4. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    I second what Al is saying. Ray Simpson was a hell of a soldier and I'm sure any bust of him would be well received.
    Recon likes this.
  5. swralph A Fixture

looking fantastic
    Recon likes this.
  6. Recon Active Member

Norway
    Thank you guys!

As seen in he News section, it is finally finished! Here are some more pictures showing all angles of the bust.
    This took me way to long to finish, daily life and other projects got in the way of both sculpting and painting.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thank you for looking!
    All comments are welcome!

-Sverre
    Scotty likes this.