1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique first bust-first "all oils " try

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dimgall, Sep 25, 2011.

1. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    hello people .im trying to paint the Spartan bust from Young miniatures.its my first bust and decided to paint mostly in oils (although the eyes are in acrylics). if you would tell me what you think especialy for the flesh ,face and eyes .nothing is finished yet but i d like to know what fells acceptable or not..thanks in advance..(y)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Dimitris, your effort does not seem at all that is the first atempt in oils. I like very much the tunic. Go on !
    dimgall likes this.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Wow, that is very nice indeed, I love the cloak. A little bit more transition between the shadows and the highlights could give the even finish that you have aquired on the cloak. Nice work so far
    Ben
    dimgall likes this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Dim Gall

You have made an excellent start,i like the results so far,the pictures seem a little dark for me,could you include some brighter ones on your next update perhaps,:)
  5. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    thanks Thodoris,Ben and Brian!!!(y)(y)(y)
  6. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Good work-will be great to see the completed.:p
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good start. The face is great.
    I think when you paint with oils, you have to work the first session wet in wet. Then the colors will fade alot better then what I see now. Specially in the bronze is a hard line between base and shade.

marc
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Looking good Dim!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  9. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    Τhanks Rob!!
    Marc thank you very much!!dont worry on metals im better with oils and inks. i will fix it for sure!
    Marcel cheers my friend! !thanks !!