1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Swedish Cavalry Officer, 1640

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elvis, Oct 29, 2006.

1. elvis A Fixture

While I was away on vacation Luca sent me his completed figure of a Swedish Cavalry Officer converted by Vincenco Alberici in 54mm

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    2nd photo

Attached Files:

3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guy,

I hope your vacation was very good.

This figure is as always an outstanding painting from Luca.
    I even like this Swedish fellows.

marc
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The head is a little awkward, but I do like the subject matter.~Gary
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Luca! How do you do your snow?

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I agree with Gary.
  7. elvis A Fixture

:lol: hello sambaman, for my snow, I used microballs with Vinavil. ciao from Luca
  8. primus Member

Love the painted figure! What is Vinavil? :(
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca has just sent me a couple more photos of his Swedish Officer.

Attached Files:

10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    2nd photo

Attached Files:

11. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Nice conversion but the cut of the uniform doesnt look like 1640? More like 1740?

Cheers
  12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Love the subject matter, it's an area that I'm dabbling in myself. I have some questions on the source of the uniform coat however. Wouldn't coats from this time period have button holes down the length of the coat? I don't see one! Was this common for Swedish coats? Is it possible for Luca to send some reference that Vinceno used?

If l look past the bulbous head, I just see one ugly dude. It's the coat details that bother me the most. It looks as if Luca had to paint the buttons on. I see no "relief" on them.

Luca is a wonderful painter and I try to emulate his style often. But it does appear there is some sloppy work here. From the pic's, I see some red from the sleeve floating onto the coat. And the hat is a little "off", you can see where the black from the feather has also floated onto the hat.

The snow is incredible! Some of the most realistic snow I've seen in miniature to date. However, the leaves (in my opinion) throw it all off. Would it be more effective to have some half buried under the snow too?

Cheerio's

J
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Under closer examination I do see some leaves under the snow. Well done! :lol:

Froot Loops,

J
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow, the buttons do look painted on. While some items like tape or lace can be painted on a figure and appear to have some dimension to them, i think you actually need to add scale buttons. Nothing wrong with painting in some details that are not there, but this figure looks like it has a lot of shortcuts.~Gary
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very good
    looks a bit boyish