1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Finished Mountain Man Heroic Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Jul 3, 2009.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Finally, after a few months i finished something.
    My pictures are as usual very bad, but i hope you can get something what i've did. For instance the eyes are black,brown,black and i can't see it on the picture.:(:(
    Any comment positive or negative is welcome.
    As usual everything is painted with oils with acrylic underpaint.

mountain man 12 (Small).jpg mountain man 5 (Small).jpg
    mountain man 8 (Small).jpg mountian man 10 (Small).jpg

Hope you like it.

Marc
  2. Roman Active Member

United-States
    The bust is very good and you made it even better. Great painting and the eyes are just fine. I like the overall look of your work very much.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Marc. The buckskins....the fleshtones.....and his hat are well done. Whats next on your bench?
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Roman for your very positive comment.

Marc
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    i agree, thats come out very well!

Mark
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really apreciate it Guy.
    Without your references i couldn't get it done. It was so easy when i had all the picture's. The beads are from a picture. The buckskin to.
    I'm very pleased that you like at. Above all you are the "ole Guy " with real experience about Mountain Man.
    I'm flattered.

Next is a very small conversion of a Roman from Pegaso 75 mm that's almost finished. Just touching up the shield. (thanks Tommi).
    Marc
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Mark.

Marc
  8. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Marc, even though the pics are a bit bad :D the quality of your painting shows :p very nice indeed!!! Looking forward to see your work in the flesh..........

Ray ;)
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good to see this finished Marc, look forward to seeing your Roman.

Cheers David
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Marc, that's a very impressive bust. The eyes and the skin tones look spot on.
  11. rodrigrinch Member

Mexico
    hi Marc, looks good, if may I suggest, why don´t you try to change a little bit the tone of the "belt", that one across the chest, maybe lighter or more dark, just to separate from the "t-shirt", sorry i dont know the correct traslation for the clothes, its just a suggest
    saludos
    Rodrigo
  12. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc I have to agree with Rodrigo some different shades on the straps over the chest and medican bag would look nice but overall very nice painting. Could you give me the mix you used for the buckskin as I never seem to get this right and yours is just the colour I want to use on one of my figures
    chippy
  13. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Your work is a very excellent work.
    Flesh color is very beautiful.
    I think I'm a wonderful bust model.
    I liked it very much.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Ray,
    Apreciate your comment. You have to come to Holland for seeing it. I go at Euro, but my skills are not good enough for showing my figures there.

Marc
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    David , Tony and Mitsutaka

Many thanks for your good words. Really apreciate it.

Marc
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rodrigo,
    thanks for your advice. Looked again to the belt and he is darker. It's very difficult to see on the picture, but i can assure you it is there.

Marc
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well it's very simple.
    Undercoat with black acrylic. Then i made a mix from dark blue, sepia and a touch of black and go all over again.
    When it was dry i add some white to this color and go over all the high sculpted area's one by one. No drybrushing.
    When this was dry i made a wash of burnt umber and sepia and washed the whole bucksin. When dry i touched up the highest point three times with pure white.
    Finally i did the nose and eye's with sepia as i found it on a picture.

If you mean the jacket ( oh my english is so bad) it's a mix from yellow ochre, mars brown and naples yellow with a tiny drip of blue to cool down. Then highlighting with more naples yellow, High highlight with naples yellow and tiny white. Shading with more burnt umber, deeper shade with mars brown and the very deep with sepia and Alisaron Brown Madder.

Marc
  18. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Marc, I don't agree with you re not bringing any figures to Euro :(!!! Bring some, and expose/show them so you'll get a spot on scrutiny/judgement from whoever you might ask for further advice..........

We were all there my friend (if this will give you some consolation, i'm still there as I have never skipped the bronze age barrier since 1996, so this will be my 13th year aiming for something higher over there :eek:) but what the heck, it never was/won't be the end of the world if I fail again this year, so no one should be shy to show his work :p

Re coming to Holland is not such a bad idea after all......lovely girls :D

Keep safe and looking forward to meet after both being there in several years and never have met :(

Ray ;)
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Marc:cool:
  20. Snudge Member

United-States
    Nice work Marc, having seen some of your work over the years at Antwerp show... I hope you don't mind me saying this is one of your best:) Some really nice painting around the face and eyes Marc, well done mate.

Cheers Steve Walks