1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figurines magazine

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Paul Kernan, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Due to their coverage of the World Expo (Chicago) this past summer, I decided to subscribe to Figurines magazine. I ordered and paid Oct 7 requesting the 1 yr subscription start with issue 117. I am still patiently for my first issue. The status of my order on their website has not changed since that date and several enquiries to H&C have gone unanswered. I know it is a legitimate business but what has been others experience with the 'new' magazine and what would you think to be a reasonable period of time for delivery (Canada)?

Paul
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Paul

I get my magazine from El Greco ...but I would say you have waited long enough ..even if it's coming by sledge and husky dog!

It's a really good coverage of the show by the way

Nap
    OldTaff likes this.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Nap.
    I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that if I'm between issues, they are waiting to send two at the same time. However, I more annoyed that they have not responded to my enquiries.

Paul
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Customer service Paul ...easily helped by replying ..perhaps a language issue .

Nap
    Old johnny likes this.
  5. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Oops I ordered mine same days as this thread started...maybe my luck will be better...as well it’s shipping to Canada. I will say that publications seem to fall into a postal black hole. Packages move faster...but no reply isn’t good...I can attest to others...Mr Black, Miguel Jimenez ..these guys are on it...which makes me want to order more.
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

Issue 118 came in the post yesterday. I think they work in cycles so your subscription probably automatically started with this one.

Cheers

Huw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  7. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Guys
    I finally received an answer! I had specifically requested the subscription to include/start with 117 but as Huw suggested, they are grouped in a cycle. Looks like I'm not getting issue 117 unless I order it as a backorder plus 10 euro shipping. In addition, I've been informed my issue 118 will be shipped THIS coming Friday, so I still have some time to wait!!!! Based on customer service so far, I'm pretty sure I will not be renewing.
    tomifune likes this.
  8. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

“But we are french”. Ha ha..will let you know how long mine takes to come. I still enjoy hard copy notwithstanding the emergent e publications
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  9. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks John. Same as you, I prefer hardcopy. However, if you haven't already done so, take a look at Historical Artist. I'm very impressed with the quality and content of this new mag. Something for everyone.
  10. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

I know...and I enjoy it very much. Thanks Paul
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  11. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

My figurine arrived yesterday ..no complaints..and will be subscribing...
  12. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Won’t be subscribing.
    thoroughly fed up with ordering to this nonexistent country Canada. I tried to order more figurines mag and subscribe..and repeatedly got message saying they don’t ship to this address...notwithstanding I have an account and a delivered copy of the Chicago show issue..same troubles with a Belgian site that doesnt have a country option for Canada so cannot make an order...when something is shipped, it’s takes two weeks to get to Canada, then a month to make its way across the country...
  13. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry to hear you have problems receiving magazines in Canada. We have several Canadian subscribers to Figurines and none have ever reported an issue in receiving it. We are still waiting to receive the stock for Figurines 118 as it has just been published. But if anyone needs a copy, it is available to order here and we ship worldwide: https://www.elgrecominiatures.co.uk/collections/figurines.
    Old johnny likes this.
  14. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

You guys are good..I’ve purchased from you with no issues..no pun intended..and I know other Canadians who purchase from you..silly m..to try buy a french magazine from France. Phooey..I worked around the world for a French company..so I guess I should have known better!
  15. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Went to El Greco, and the latest issues isn’t showing...but also saw a notice that Histoires et Collections isn’t carrying it going fwd...so makes more sense they wouldn’t accept my attempt to purchase one..did manage to buy the latest...once things get sorted, will subscribe via EL Greco..who clearly care...

J
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

Did you try Quebec instead of Canada? ;-)

Cheers

Huw
  17. Huw63 A Fixture

I think that refers to the old Figurines. Publishing recommenced earlier this year.

Cheers

Huw
  18. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Dunno, but they won’t give me a subscription Huw...