1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figurebase for Woodland Indian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Markus, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Friends,

here are some pics of a base I made for the 75mm Woodland Indian. The figure has benn sculpted by Alan and it is a very lovely figure.

The base is just in progress and the water (Woodland Scenics Water effects) is really fresh. When it is dry, it is compleatly clear an transparent.

As always: Critiques, comments and so on are more than welcome.

The best wishes,
    Markus

I started to scarve a big stone. The material I used is called Styrodur. Then I structured the surface of the stone with MS.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    And here are some pics of the coloured base. I show some more pics when it is finished.

I hope you like it.

Cheers,
    Markus

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Hello Markus,

your figurebase will be amazing.
    I love it.

I 'd like to know the way you did the wet green on the rocks. Because It rocks :lol:
    Excuse my English, I'm french.

Cant wait to see it finished.

JP
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Just one point, trees do not grow out of rocks where I come from.
  5. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Jean Paul: Thanks a lot for your kind comment. The greens at the rocks are Humbrols 105 Marine Green and 80 Gras Green.

@Bob: Thanks for your commenting. The tree is growing on the backside of the rock and there is enough dirt for a tree to live. You will see it, if the base is finished.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  6. nagashino New Member

Hi Markus

That's very nice, especially with the water cascading over the edge of the base. It is so good you hardly need a figure :)

Cheers

Phil
  7. Calvin Member

Very nice setting Markus, I especially like it when the elements stands out the perimeter of the wooden base.
    Luca
  8. diosytexas Member

England
    hi markus. great stuff, keep it coming. dave.
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Great work again Markus!

I really like the setting while I agree to some point with Bob. It seems to be to little earth and moss to accomondate a tree of that size. Not to mention it being a smoth rock. However its a minor detail in my mind and I would not change it myself if I had come this far. Actually Ive seen small trees, about half the size in diamter grow right through giant boulders here in Sweden.

Please tell us more about how you created the water effects. Did you use Clearfix?

Cheers
  10. callum Member

Markus,

Your base rocks! :eek:

Regards Callum
  11. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Phil: Thanks a lot for your comment. I really appreciate it. And I do my best to be able to add the finished figure soon... ;)

@Luca: I´m glad you like the base. Thank you very much for looking and commenting.

@Dave: Thank`s so much for your kind comment.

@Janne: The water was built by "Woddland Scenics: Water Effects". It is like jelly and looks white when it is wet. When it is dry, after a few days, it`s compleatly transperent. To give the water the stream effect I have used a transparent decoration thread. I glued several threads at the base and when I had them in the right directions, I coverd it with the water effects. I hope that helps a little bit. I will add some more water in a few days and then I will documeting it and show you some pics.

@Callum: Thank you so much for looking and your nice comment.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  12. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Markus- I like how you've tied everything together. It should be a pretty impressive display when it's all painted.

Mike
  13. PHIL WALDEN Member

Sorry gentlemen,,
    I have gone ahead and posted my opinion before loging in.....

Phil Walden.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Markus,

This is a great setting for that amazing figure.
    Specially like the waterscene.

Marc
  15. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Mike: Thank you so much for your kind comment.

@Phil: Thank`s for your feedback. Here in Germany I also found trees growing over rocks. Perhaps I will show a pic this evening.

@Marc: Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Markus,
    Wonderful job on your base and water. An excellent sbs for all of us.
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GOOD JOB on the base,Markus (y) (y) (y) !!! The water effects are pretty impressive indeed !!! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  18. Jim Hockett Member

Markus,

Nice job on the base, very effective. A quick Google search turned up this pic, [IMG]
    from Wisconsin, I believe. The way you have depicted your tree is spot on for this.

Jim
  19. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Guy: Thank you very much for your positive feedback and your nice words.

@Kenneth: Thank´s so much. I´m glad you like it.

@Jim: Thanks a lot for your kind comment and for posting this picture.

I have added a picture of a tree growing on a rock, too. It`s from one of my friends and the photos has been taken at Bad-Reichenhall/Germany.

The best wishes,
    Markus

[IMG]
  20. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Markus very nice groundwork, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)