1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figure World Oundle, 2016

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by OldTaff, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gary

Will take a look later this afternoon and see what I can do. As they are not my photos not to sure how I would get on hijacking someone else's material but I will ask.

Cheers
    Tommi
    garyhiggins and OldTaff like this.
  2. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Thanks Brian, and thanks to Adrian and the guys for doing the organising. In spite of the travel issues and the cloisters not being entirely sympathetic to wheelchairs, it was as usual a thoroughly enjoyable show, and thanks guys for making my return to the front line so welcoming (y)(y):).
    Best wishes, Gary.
  3. MalcC A Fixture

England
    It appears that I have inadvertently upset Adrian Hopwood which was not my intention.
    My beef was entirely with the steward, its not Adrian's fault that there were network blackspots on phone networks, it just added to the frustration we were having in getting to our destination. My referral to Adrian and Mark knowing was to shut up the Spanish Inquisition and nothing more, and I think you know to whom I'm referring.
    Those that know me know what I think of this show. So I wouldn't slag it off or the organisation of it.
    The fact that we decided to give up and go home was mine and my wife's decision, we didn't fancy driving around in circles getting nowhere.
    By the time Adrian did manage to get hold of us, we were already on our way home and stuck in traffic.

Malc
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Haha! A feeling that I can fully relate to Malc! But seeing as you're quitting shows, maybe I can interest you in a forum moderating vacancy instead?! .................................. (only kidding :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:)

- Steve
    housecarl likes this.
  5. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Steve Haha, funny that, I would love to help out, but I have to concentrate on producing articles for MM, however I have already emailed Kev, and offered to assist him in any small way I can.

As for quitting shows that kinda backfired already, as I've had emails asking me to reconsider.,plus I already said that I would judge and help Adrian with the photography.
    MM business too. So I see all you guys there.:). Teach me to make hasty decisions.
    Lucky I didn't get around to cancelling my hotel booking.:LOL:

Remember don't be a stranger, I want to see your work posted on the forum.

Malc
  6. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I'm glad that's sorted, and I'm glad you've reconsidered (y)(y):), now can we please have plenty of photos of figureworld here, and a countdown to next year :):):D
    anstontyke, napoleonpeart and OldTaff like this.
  7. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah ........so nerr!

Paul
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Speak ( or Type) in haste Malc repent in leisure...
    See you in Folkestone though I might call you before hand..
    MalcC and garyhiggins like this.
  9. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Hi John

off to Greenwich tomorrow, you know what for.;) That's got the others thinking.:LOL:

Malc
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Well enjoy the Observatory up on the Hill ;).
    If you have been watching the BBC Secret Agent series just be careful.. (show info for those who have not seen it)
    MalcC and garyhiggins like this.
  11. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I'll be going under cover..... well it is indoors.:LOL:

Malc
  12. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well Dennis and I had a great trip both ways and an even greater show. Well done to all concerned, it was nice to see some old friends, meet some new ones and sorry I missed others, but there's always next year. I only took 2 photo's and only made one purchase a flat which arrived earlier this week thanks for that Brian.

Both models were on the White Rose stand, the officer painted by Steve.
    Oundle1.JPG

and this one painted by Graham - White Rose. The photo does not do this justice (plus it's behind glass) and when I saw this I thought this is painting of the highest order and the purest form. Exquisite work and my favourite of the day, outstanding brush work on this lovely flat. :notworthy:
    cheers
    Richie
    Oundle2.JPG
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Who makes that officer Richie? It's a new one on me.

- Steve
    garyhiggins likes this.
  14. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Richie.

Thanks for posting. I like the officer too and its new on me as well . but what worries me are the hands on the other photo.

Malc
    garyhiggins likes this.