1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

FIGURE OF THE MONTH - April 2016

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Babelfish, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You can now post your entries for this month's inaugural FOTM feature here.

Before doing so, please read the accompanying sticky which explains how it works.

NOTE: This thread is intended ONLY for members' FOTM entries, NOT for comments. If you like something just click the "Like" button.

- Steve
    Steve likes this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Oke, I'll be in it. This is my entry for FOTM April 2016
    Finished this great figure from Stormtroopers. It depict John "Barney"Hines from the 45th Batallion in 1917. It is sculpted by Pavol Ovecka and painted by me with oilpaint.
    John Hines whas a great Souvenir collector and has been nicknamed as King of Souvenirs.
    If I forgot something to write about it for FOTM (lack of Englisch language) please notify me.

Marc

Attached Files:

malc, anstontyke, Nicolaos and 18 others like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here is my entry. As I am at sea at the moment this is among the figures I completed when I was last at home on leave.

It is 45mm white metal flat figure representing Albrecht Wenzel Eusebius von Wallenstein. 1583-1634.
    Painting is done with oils over acrylics.

Fin 1.JPG Fin 2.JPG
    malc, rossbach, anstontyke and 22 others like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    image.jpeg
    Hi Guys ,

Here is my entry for this months soiree ..it's the RP Models Goblin .....bit of a looker like me !...

I don't normally do fantasy stuff but this was real fun , detailed up the book parchment and lots of texture on the clothing .

Acrylics with water soluable Oils

Nap

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    malc, anstontyke, Nicolaos and 16 others like this.
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi.
    As I thought it was a good idea I best put my money where my mouth is.
    As this is the first do we have quality or quantity. I've opted for quantity so this is my subition for the wooden spoon.

The figure is MMM 120 mm Coldstream Guards 1854 It has been converted by Jimbo. ( so thats me disqualified )
    Painted in acrylics ( vellejo) It had three trips to the Dettol bath and some might say it needs a fourth.
    He has not been mounted on a base as he will make up a larger model when all the others are finished.

Mick

IMG_0261.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0264.JPG
  6. Ferris A Fixture

And as this is one of the rare months that I can actually post a finished piece, I am happy to make my contribution to the figure of the month.

It is a 1:32nd scale WW2 Soviet scout from the company Reedoak, painted in acrylics, as recently posted in vBench.

Particularly interesting about this figure is that it is a 3D print of a digitally scanned re-enactor...in other words, a scaled-down real person and the figure 'sculpt' consequently has incredible realism.
    I'm convinced we will be seeing more and more of such figures and I welcome them warmly!

Adrian

Attached Files:

7. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In for a penny...

Just completed this piece from Tommy's War. It is TW54014 - 54mm Sergeant, Royal Welch Fusiliers, Ploegsteert Wood, 1915. The trench section is also from Tommy's War. The model is painted mainly in oils using a limited palette.

My aim was to depict the boredom of the daily routine in the trenches, rather than the the moments of sheer terror when they had to go "Over the Top", and I think the pose and demeanour of this figure does that beautifully. He looks utterly p****d off and evokes memories (for me) of many long, boring, and freezing winter exercises on Luneburg Heath in Germany - some things never change, the life of the squaddie included.

DSC_2883.JPG DSC_2884.JPG DSC_2885.JPG DSC_2886.JPG DSC_2887.JPG
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This is my piece for figure of the month,it's a 75mm figure of Bill Sikes and his dog bullseye,the piece is by miniature fortes and was painted in oils over acrylic basecoats.
    I Scratchbuilt the back drop with embossed brick sheet and plasticard and plastic rod,some elements were added using balsa,groundwork is milliput with a verlinden lamp and barrels / bottles.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Brian
  9. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    My submission for this month. It's a New World Miniatures Special Forces figure, Vietnam era. It's 54mm, but I think he's a bit smaller. All acrylics.

Tom
    (I hope these photos upload)

Attached Files:

Viking Bob, ellie, Martin64 and 6 others like this.
  10. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Here is my entry.
    Queen's Ranger Officer, 75mm figure from FeR Miniatures. Painted all in acrylics except the groundwork where I used acrylics and oil paints.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  11. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hopefully this counts as recently completed, anyway it's the most recent I have, and that I've not missed the deadline

Gigantic Minatures 'hush' 1/6 scale all in acrylics

Neil
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Here is mine finished today (19/4)

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      597.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      637.8 KB
      Views:
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers guys - some terrific stuff there.

I decided to let it run a few days past the 15th as it was a "short" month. I'll be wrapping it up in the next day or two and starting a vote. Anyone else still wanting to contribute, now's the time before I lock the thread.

- Steve
    anstontyke and Mark S like this.
  14. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is my entry . was just finished in time for Ingolstadt , painted with paint ;)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.