1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed European Crossbowman , 14th century, 75 mm. , Altores Studio

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by igorkordyukov, Nov 17, 2016.

1. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Dear friends and colleagues! I represent a photo of the European crossbowman. Miniature made for Altores studio . Scale 75 mm. The release preliminary in December. Sincerely.

Attached Files:

myouchin, Borek, anstontyke and 21 others like this.
  2. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Compliments Igor,again wonderful work
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Outstanding figure. Casting and fit will be critical on what for me has to be one of the best releases of the year .(y)
    Cheers
    Derek
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Looks another good figure , subject matter will no doubt be welcone. Good scale as well

Will be able to see the got etc when it's on my review bench !

Altores certainly have been busy this year and a good figure to end on

Well done Igor

Nap
  5. El Tché Well-Known Member

WAOWWWW ! Absolutely amazing, what a beautiful figure..... Not seen something so cool since a long time !!! (y)(y)
  6. Oda A Fixture

Wonderful work.Top quality.
    Derek if this is released by Altores then be assured that casting and fit will be some of the best you've ever seen.I never get tired of saying it,I have many of their releases and they are phenomenaly good in terms of sculpting,casting and fit.

Oda.
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Love crossbows and this figure looks great..................

Wayne
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb figure and sculpting. (y)(y)

Cheers Ken
  9. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Now that's an interesting figure - a subject one rarely sees. Beautifully sculpted and a great pose.

Chris
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Looks very good. Please can someone explain to me how the crossbowman is able in such a way to cock the crossbow?
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It is possible with a light to medium crossbow, he is using a goat's foot ratchet. The only comment I would make is that (practically, having tried this) his left arm should support the weapon closer to the bow, not at the handle, but I am sure figure is based on solid reference, knowing Alexander' and Igor's approach.
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    A fantastic figure of a not much modelled subject.

Cheers David
    anstontyke and clrsgt like this.
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    After a little more scrutiny regarding the crossbow;the mechanics for cocking the bow look reasonable,however, I think the bow itself should be flexed back much more with the string that far back.I believe that could be easily fixed though.No problems .....I still think it's an excellent piece..(y)

Wayne
  14. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Another great figure for the Altores line. Nicely done all the way around.
    anstontyke likes this.
  15. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brilliant! Altores has superb talent.
    anstontyke likes this.
  16. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A winner, superb figure.
    anstontyke likes this.
  17. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thank you very much for the appreciation of my work, my dear friends! Ulrich- I have used these illustrations here. They were shown how to use the "goat leg" for cocking crossbow
    1003427-i_010.png tipy-arbaletov-kozja-noga.jpg
    anstontyke, Ulrich and Gaudin like this.
  18. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looking at it Wayne I don't think it's fully drawn, which would also fit in with the pose of the figure. Also a crossbow doesn't actually flex as much as you would imagine. A superb bit of sculpting IMO

Steve
  19. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    You may be right Steve...I like this piece too much to dispute....When I get mine I will make the adjustment if I still feel it's necessary to satisfy my picky self.Nice video.....When I was a teenager ( a few years ago:)) I made a crossbow from plans in a Popular Mechanics Magazine with a similar cocking system.The bow was cut from the leaf spring from a car.I had to make my own wove string that was like rope.Trouble was the bow was so strong I couldn't cock the thing :facepalm: (duh!)....Ended up trading it to one of my buddys for a Bowie knife and lawn mower engine for my mini bike.
    ....O.K.....Thanks for the info...(y)

Wayne
    anstontyke and Helm like this.
  20. Helm A Fixture

England
    Should have gone for the windlass option mate :ROFLMAO:
    anstontyke likes this.