1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euromilitaire special event (For Flats)

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by billyturnip, Mar 20, 2014.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Originally posted by Nick Ball on the BFFS forum,

Dear All,

The committee and I are proud to announce that along with the organiser's at this years EuroMilitaire, there will be an exclusive area on one of the Balconies with regards to the promotion of Flat Figures.

Our Society will be leading this event, and shortly, I will be sending out invites to all our Foreign counterpart societies and groups.

We will have a large Table display area, and we will be asking all Societies to bring figures along to display within their own sections. We will be putting on Demonstrations with a general meet and greet area. If you are attending Euro, please do come along and help us to promote this.

There will be many fine Painters attending, who will be more than happy to pass on their immense Knowledge and tips. So if there is something you have always wanted to know, just ask.

The Organiser's have also given us extra space on the competition tables, so lets make it a good show and get as many figures on there as we can. It is not just about the best painter's getting awards, its about showing the general public that anyone can paint flats, and to show the vast diversity of figures available.

On the Saturday Evening, we will be organising an informal get togeather in one of the Hotel bars, where we can chat, laugh and just veg. out

It has been discussed about trying to arrange an evening meal, but to do this, I would need to know who's interested and how many. I will put a thread on here later where you can add your names if you so wish.

The Organiser's have been very generous in allowing us to do this, so please come along and give it as much support as you can.

I shall keep you updated as things get organised and added. .

Happy painting and kind regards

Nicholas
    Rich Sculpts and theBaron like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    One area to avoid like the plague then :sneaky:
    Steve
    Gellso and billyturnip like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England

You could just go along and take the **** out of the bunch of weirdo's. :playful:
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    When it's something as momentous as this the Organisers should provide free beer, :D(y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great plan Roger,
    Like that one.

Marc
  7. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    This reminds me of someone! Now let me see, who was it??? Oh yeaar----- Nooorrrrmm!
    Best wishes, Gary.
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Years ago there was a free bar organised for the great and the good by I think either Nexus or Pegaso at Euro.
    It was in a small private function bar in the Clifton.......not sure how but me and Brian Snaddon managed to con our way in :sneaky:
    They eventually sussed us out but not before we'd had more than a few......... I think the giveaway was having a pint in each hand, you can take the man out of Glasgow but you can't take Glasgow out of the man.........Bill Horan was shocked :D
  9. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

That is excellent news wish you a busy weekend, just keep the 3 amigos out of the bar.

See you at a show shortly.
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I believe that big Bill was so shocked that he was lost for words.Now theres a rare occurrence!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Don Well-Known Member

Brian, Del I was invited to that doe, I think but had a few beers before it was finished. Closed the bar just before Alan Thompson discovered it was free, he had to pay. That was his last beers there!

Dont think Bill H was as shocked as Jim Johnstone was when Davies boys had him trapped in the Carpenters and showed him ever magic trick in the book. Never seen him so shocked and strangly he never came back.

Don
  12. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This is starting to get big now, we have several clubs interested in joining us for the weekend to give a push to the flat figure.
    We have a special badge being made for those who contribute to the display table and comp, demos on painting flats by some of the top painters will be running through the weekend as well as advice given and not only all that but 2D Figurines will be there selling all sorts of flats.
    If your interested and need more information just ask
    bk006d7771@blueyonder.co.uk
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Personally I can't wait. I'm certain that the display will be one of the highlights of the show.
    Cheers
    Derek
  14. Gerry Active Member

fair play, no free bar:eek: , but hey it's an event for the flattys! hope there's some support from you all! i'm sure there will be' so come along!
    give us support you never know you might learn something! paintings painting after all, and we can all learn something from what ever we do.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  15. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Free beer!! this is something we as the BFFS trying to stop as at shows we are getting a reputation, not justified ;) as pissheads :D
    garyhiggins, DEL and billyturnip like this.
  16. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I possibly could mention the beer Brian but as recently seen at another local show, Welling, the Flat guys do enjoy a beer or two.. (I did consider posting a picture of the event but thought better of it)..

Or should I mention Eindhoven..
    Briank likes this.
  17. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Two of our newer members getting a bit of practise ;)

Attached Files:

18. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    And now a flyer;)

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      140.1 KB
      Views:
  19. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    It's a little known fact that booze has the effect of flattening out the perspective so that there are actually no such thing as flats UNTILL you are significantly the worse ( or better ) for wear, in which case you are likely to join me in the realm of the roadkill round!!! Here endeth the lesson:whistle::whistle::whistle:.
    Gary.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England

I'm in!!! (y)

Roger.
    garyhiggins likes this.