1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Miniature Expo - The Show

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by MalcC, Sep 16, 2017.

1. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Just returned home from the show.
    Congratulations to the organisers, the show was extremely well organised, and you could see a lot of thought and effort had been put in to it.
    Very well set out, so there was very little overcrowding in the aisles of the main hall
    Competition room, the standard was very high throughout. Unfortunately for me I didn't have time to see them all as I was part of the photographic team, and we had a limited time to work as the judging was starting earlier, but what I saw was fantastic.

Didn't have too much time to chat, but did manage to see Peedee and Nap and Carl Reid. Busy day.
    Impressive display by PF, and several clubs.
    Came away with an addition to my grey army.:)
    Shame I could only spend the day, hopefully will be able to make the whole weekend next year.

Malc
    peedee, John Bowery and housecarl like this.
  2. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Shame I've got a busy day ahead or I would've driven back for day two, missing not being there. :(

Malc
    peedee likes this.
  3. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It was nice to meet a few of you briefly and I wanted to talk more. The day went so quickly and I spent most of it talking with just a few people. It was good to finally meet Mike the Kiwi, who's a lovely bloke. Thanks for putting the table together. The display looked great together. There's lots of talent on this site!
    Andy Belsey
    peedee likes this.
  4. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I did start this thread for feedback on the show, but it appears to be going on the other thread, so in case you've missed the post.

Great News
    Next years Show will be on 22/23 September 2018
    So put in your diaries.

Malc
  5. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I was there on the Saturday only this year,but needless to say, i had a great time,especially meeting up with all the usual veterans of this show,far to numerous to mention here.I met 2 newbies,i hadn't met before i.e. Mike Butler and D.G. Kim,both very nice chaps,and had a good chat and a good laugh with them.I really liked the new show,and take my hat off to the organisers.
    The quality of the competition entries,were well up to the high standard,you come to expect at this show.I must mention my big mate Davy Mitchell,as he was awarded Gold for his whole display,and was shortlisted for the BOS.An OIL painting fellow Scotsman to boot:)
    I didn't think i could spend as much in 1 day than i normally spend in 2 days,but i'm pleased to announce,i managed it.
    The only downside to my pilgrimage, to this years show, was the bloody train journey.When i finally got home, i felt like Douglas Bader with a numb bum,but i realise this is outwith the control of the organisers.:ROFLMAO:
    I look forward to other peoples experiences of the show.
    Brian
    John Bowery, tomifune, peedee and 5 others like this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I honestly thought you were going to say legless then Brian.
    John Bowery, tomifune, peedee and 5 others like this.