1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Miniature Expo 16-17th September 2017

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Tecumsea, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Marc, I usually organise a small group at an Italian restaurant on Saturday night, mostly people that you know you will be welcome to join us. There is always a group of hardened drinkers at the Southcliffe. We stay at the Clifton and the bar is open late to residents. It depends on what you want but there are plenty of people around.

Keith
    garyhiggins and anstontyke like this.
  2. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc

The row of hotels on the front generally have bars open to the public and you'll find many modellers in all of them from (as Keith mentions) the Clifton down to the Southcliffe.

There was a bar in one of the basements next to the Southcliffe open last year and there was a big group of us in there. But generally come down to the front there and there is usually someone to speak to and everyone mixes in from all nationalities.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    We stay at the Park Inn Hotel. It is hard to find a decent hotel for the date of Euro.
    Don't know how far it is from the venue, but that should be no problem. It's only a 12 min walk, and 0,6 ml.
    How is the Italian Restaurant......have to get my friends into the Italian food.
    We are not hardened drinkers but some great hours with PF guys would be fun.

Marc
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  4. mick3272 A Fixture

Marc
    The Park Inn is just outside the Central Stn 10 - 15min max to the venue, I dont think they do breakfast there but you will find a greasy spoon under the railway bridge.
    Paul ( Peedee) stayed there last year and I think he is booked in again this year.
    Mick
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Me too !
    See you there Marc.

Paul.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You are right Mick.

We have a plan for breakfast....throw away the croissant and juice in it's paper bag and go to the Triangle cafe or the breakfast cafe by McDonalds on the Leas.
    Awesome breakfast at either place, and full of modellers in the know !
    garyhiggins likes this.
  7. Walks Active Member

Good point Marc, didn't the "Planeteers" used to get together for a photo and a chinwag ?

I am slowly returning to shows although it is becoming more expensive these days, it is important though to support these kind of shows or we will all be moaning when there gone.
    The thing that attracts me with this particular show is the fact fellow modellers are involved, with their own finance and time passionately invested.
    Also the competition has been brought more inline with other European shows with a personal display format, which I applaud wholeheartedly.

Looking forward to it immensely.
    peedee, garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Since I haven't been to Euro for a good many years it's not really for me to make suggestions, but I sometimes think we spend too much time talking to ourselves. Handing out flyers at shows is fine, but IMO we should be trying to get our flyers to the wider artistic community. Let them know that We are artists too. We should be asking the hobby shops and art shops to take our flyers to hopefully attract more people to our shows and our art.
    Regards, Gary.
    peedee likes this.
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    They already are here in Liverpool Gary, and Forbidden Planet and the independant book dealers.
    game shops next !

Paul.
    garyhiggins likes this.