1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Militaire 2013 - Who's going?

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Alex Long, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Oh bother and other words I cannot use .....mine and Jimbo's didn't ...hopefully tommorow (only a 1 day for us though)

Nap
  2. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Hi Nap

Looking forward to seeing you again, its been a while.

Malc
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Kev,i got mine on-line from My Hobby Store, is that where you got yours ?
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    after missing last year, the first in ages, I'll be there! looking forward to it!
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Smudger ,

Yes I got mine from The Hobby Store as well ..I am sure they will be here soon

Nap
  6. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jon,

I have good news for you in relation to that beer..
    Best you stop by and see me early on Saturday as I have an envelop for you...
    Barke02 likes this.
  7. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    We are extremely busy with just over a week away from Euromilitaire so not much time to post here.... Just to give you all a taster of what will be available at Euro, here's the link to our Facebook "Euromilitaire" album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151819245978189.1073741838.236111508188&type=1
    Hope to catch up with many of you there. Pre-orders are stacking up so don't hesitate to get in touch by phone or e-mail (preferably e-mail!!). Oh .. and we do have a credit card machine!
    See you there!
    Matt & Celine
  8. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The packaging for figures TW54017 and 18 arrived this morning, I've got all the casting bagged, so just need to put them in to boxes and, unusually, I'm ready for Euro early (in 2011 I actually packed the figures in my hotel room the Friday night prior to the show opening on the Saturday!).

Reasons to come and see me up on the balcony:

1. The release of figures 17 and 18, Royal Flying Corps pilots (to be announced at the weekend)
    2. All the previous 16 figures, diorama base and bike
    3. News from the Front issue 4 - which has a history of one of the pilots sculpted
    4. My display case will include 22 painted figures - including 8 original box art figures from Gunther Sternberg
    5. Your chance to win a painted figure in a prize draw, all proceeds going to charity (details to follow)
    6. Copies of News from the Front issues 2 and 3 will be available
    7. As well as Tommy's War I'll have the last of Deeds that Thrill the Empire set 1 for sale, a diorama set from Italy plus I've also got a small number of 2000AD figures from Dark World Creations available on the day
    8. Prices are in £GBP and Euro (I accept either currency in cash), I'll also be accepting debit and credit cards
    9. I've had to sell my daughter to slave traders to pay for the table, so please come and purchase from me in the hope that I can buy her back, or more figures, I've not decided which yet ;)
    Alex Long, napoleonpeart and JonP like this.
  9. Paul N Active Member

England
    Will you please all stop ordering Nameplates!
    Just joking - Julie and I will love to see you all "At the foot of the stairs".
  10. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Guys ,

Depression looms at the momemnt ..still no tickets [IMG], rang the telephone number (0844 848 8822)and got a very nice lady from their sister company apparently (Dolls House Emporium!!!) who said that she was manning the phones as the folk from Hobby store were off !!!.............apprently they had been despatched the day I paid for them ...oh god ............[IMG]

All I wanted was quiet life..and 2 blooming tickets

I am ringing them up again on Monday as soon as they open!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone that wants to talk to me .....especially you Malc you silver haired cavalier .

Fear not folks myself and Jimbo WILL be there!!!

Nap
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Kev,I've been ordering my tickets from since 2009 and they never send them out until a couple of weeks before the event so I don't understand how they could have been sent before,definatly give them a call mate,it dosent sound right to me,when I rang them about my tickets I wasn't as lucky as you,I had some jumped up little shit to deal with,hope you get it sorted mate
  12. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Ordered mine a couple of months back and they turned up last Friday, I had an email on Sept 4th from My Hobby Store saying they had been dispatched. I hope you get it sorted.

Alex.
  13. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Excitment now building to a frenzy so I thought I'd show the figures I'm taking for the comp this year. In recent times I've been in the habit of taking everthing I've done over the year since the previous Euro and this year I've finished 7 models. I've also made my own transit box as I'm too tight/skint to buy one off of Jon P (sorry Jon, I blame the car MOT :( ) out of mdf and some heavy duty velcro to hold the figures in place.

Here are pictures of the models I'm taking and the homemade transit box. _DSC4015a.jpg _DSC4019a.jpg _DSC4020a.jpg _DSC4021a.jpg _DSC40161.jpg _DSC40171.jpg _DSC40181.jpg _DSC3967.jpg

Never won more than a commended at Euro before so expectations are not that high but it's all good fun and looking at the other competition entries is always a huge part of the weekend for me as the quality is so high it always helps to push me on to the next level.

Alex.
    nelly-samy likes this.
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Alex ,

Nice work mate ...its not the winning its the taking part ...honest

Anyway the prize for the best transit box goes to [IMG].......Mr Alex Long

Look forward to seeing these in the comp .....and YES ......

THE TICKETS HAVE ARRIVED ...5 days and counting[IMG]

See you guys Saturday

Nap
  15. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Please don't apologise for not buying our stuff Alex :)

Interesting selection you've got for Euro, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh; I've just managed to get 2 figures finished in time to take down .

Hope to see you there.
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gonna look after your figures. There are some who jumps into the eye.

Marc
  17. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The Whisky has arrived,,,, roll on Euro !!!

Stuart
    Don likes this.
  18. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kev,that's good news about the tickets,hope to catch up with you weekend :)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I'll never have the taste of Single Malt.
    Is it on your stand Stuart???

Marc
    Don likes this.
  20. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Is the amount of Whiskey you're taking to Euro relative to the amount of new releases???:LOL: If it is, people will have hangovers before they've even been out Saturday night:hungover:

Roll on Euro!

Alex.
    stu likes this.