1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Erich Hartmann bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hello,
    I've begun work on my latest piece and wanted to share it with you all.
    It's Mirage's bust of Erich Hartmann. it's an excellent likeness of the man based on the photographs I've found of hiim on line.
    For a more in depth description, you can read a review I wrote on it for ArmoramA...
    Review
    For now though, here are a couple of pictures of mine....
    Craig

Attached Files:

2. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Another pictre...

Attached Files:

3. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    In this shot you can see the base and pedestal I'm using for mine. The base is from Ken Thomas Art bases and the pedestal is something I've just found at my local hardware store. It's a solid turned brass piece used to raise the shade on lamps. It has a 1/4" thread on the top and a 1/4" threaded hole in the bottom. I've cut the head off of a capscrew to use to attach it to the base. I just polished it up with my Dremel and applied a coat of clear nail polish to keep it nice looking.
    I really like the look of it so I bought several more :).
    Hope you like it.
    Craig

Attached Files:

4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's an excellent looking bust Craig. Good idea on the pedestal too. I can't wait to see this beautiful bust painted.

Xenofon
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Craig, I agree with my friend Exonofan, very nice bust and base, I too am looking forward to seeing it painted.

Cheers
    Roc.
  6. ruderogo New Member

i wish more places carried the mirage figures and busts in the US. squadron has a bunch of the figures, but i really want to get my hands on that skalski bust without having to order it from poland
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Craig,

That is a great sculpted bust. I really like the choice of your base and how you attached the bust.
    Great idea.
    Looking forward to the finish.

Marc
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great bust Craig. I'm looking forward to seeing your paintjob.~Gary
  9. angus147258 New Member

Looks great! What is it made of?
  10. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi guys,
    Thanks to you all for taking the time to post your thoughts.
    Angus, it's a resin bust with a couple of photoetched pieces. You can check the link I put in my original post for a more complete description of it.
    Thanks all,
    Craig
  11. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thank you very much my friend !!!

All the best!

Jacek
  12. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi Jacek,
    You're welcome. It's a very nice bust and I'm enjoying working on it.
    Now that I have it in my hands it makes me wish I had ordered the Skalski bust as well :). Oh well, maybe another time.
    Cheers,
    Craig