1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed English Grenadier 12th Foot.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Feb 21, 2013.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    ChaosCossack, Mark S, DEL and 14 others like this.
  2. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Awesome job Roger, the depth you'v given it is amazing.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Very impressive Roger - like him!

Cheers
    Silversurfer likes this.
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    The job's a good 'un Roger.
    I really like the fine detail you acheive on these pieces, the cap is awesome.
    Great work mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  6. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Lovely job!
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Martin, Keith, Mike, thank you all very much. :)

Roger.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Roger ,

As always a great figure very nicely painted with wonderful details and in a larger scale as well ...ceryainly an impressive range that the company have .

Thanks for posting

Nap
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Kev, the lace was a bit of a 'mare but I think I cracked it in the end.

Roger.
  10. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Once again, impressive paintwork Roger!!(y)(y) Like your flats very much:)

Thomas
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Thomas, glad you like them. :)
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Lovely work Roger.

marc
  13. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Lovely job my friend
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Marc, Paulo, thank you both very much. :)

Roger.
  15. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent finish Roger (y)

Cheers Ken
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Ken. :)
  17. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I'll join the others in their praise, well done, Roger! The first comment especially, I agree with, your technique has matured and achieve a consistent and good-looking result.

Where did the 12th Foot serve in the SYW, were they on the Continent?

Prost!
    Brad
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Brad, I think I've actually made a step up since converting to oils..... hopefully. :D
    From www.kronoskaf.com

In the summer of 1758, the regiment was among the first British contingent (6,000 men) sent to reinforce the Allied army of Ferdinand of Brunswick in Germany. The contingent embarked at Gravesend on July 19, disembarked at Emden on August 3 and arrived at Coesfeld on August 17, after marching through a very heavy rain.
    In June 1759, the regiment was part of the main Allied army under the command of the duke Ferdinand of Brunswick. The grenadiers of the regiment were converged with those of the 20th Foot, 23rd Foot, 25th Foot and 51st Foot to form Maxwell's Grenadiers Battalion. On July 29, the regiment, along with the 20th Kingley's Foot, was assigned at the guard of Ferdinand's headquarters at Hille. On August 1, the regiment took part to the battle of Minden where it was deployed in the first line of the third column from the right under major-general Waldegrave. Misinterpreting orders, Waldegrave advanced straight upon the French center consisting of three lines of cavalry. The first line of French cavalry (11 sqns) charged Waldegrave first line but was thrown back. The second line of French cavalry was equally repulsed though with more difficulty. Now the French reserve, consisting of the Gendarmerie de France and the Carabiniers, attempted a third attack upon the 9 brave battalions. It charged and broke through the first line of Allied infantry. However, the second line received them with a deadly fire and forced them to retire. The astonishing attack of the British infantry had virtually gained the day. The 12th Foot bore the brunt of the charges of the French Cavalry and of the storm of artillery and musket-fire and, as Ferdinand of Brunswick declared, "gained immortal glory". In this battle, the regiment lost 19 officers and 283 men, killed, wounded or missing.
    On July 16 1761, the regiment was with Granby's corps in Germany and took part in the battle of Vellinghausen.
  19. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    Well done and very colourful. Will set your display case off nicely.
    Cheers
    John
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    WELL DONE!

All the best,
    Dan