1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Enchantment (complete)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey folks,

I'm calling this one done so I can move on to the next project, onwards and upwards :)

SBS thread.

Comments and critique are most welcome, thanks for tuning in :)

53-DSC_1355.JPG 54-DSC_1356.JPG 55-DSC_1357.JPG 56-DSC_1358.JPG 57-DSC_1359.JPG 58-DSC_1360.JPG
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    She turned out very well Billy, nice work.
    Eludia likes this.
  3. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Roger, it was a lovely piece to paint and I'm really pleased with the end result. Its nice to see a fantasy female in realistic proportions and wearing a bit more than the usual metal bikini :)
    Oldironsides likes this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

Hi Billy.
    I've really enjoyed watching this from start to finish.And you certainly have a figure to be proud of.
    Overall a very nice model which you have brought to life with your painting.
    Ralph.
    Eludia likes this.
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Ralph, thanks for your kind comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed watching me bumbling through the build, making it up as I went along (like I normally do) ;)
    swralph likes this.
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice painting Billy, She has turned out well.
    Regards
    Eludia likes this.
  7. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    Lovely painting Billy. I particularly like how the trousers and the dragon turned out.

Any chance of a close-up of her face - does she have her eyes half closed?

I also note that you did not use the long streamers on her head dress - was there a reason for this?

Mark
    Eludia likes this.
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Bob :)

Thanks Mark, I'm glad you like her. I still struggle a bit with red so I'm particularly happy that you like the dragon. I made a decision to leave the ribbons off because they were too fiddly to attach (I did one of them) and I felt they didn't add enough to the figure to warrant the effort (and the swearing). Sometimes life's too short ;)

I'll get a close-up of the face for you when I am next in my shed, probably tomorrow. Your opinion of the figure might change somewhat after seeing that ;)
    Oldironsides likes this.
  9. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    I hope and I am sure it will not Billy.

With regards

Mark
    Eludia likes this.
  10. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I had to go out to the shed for something so I took a couple of suicide-zoom shots of her face while I was there:

DSC_1375.JPG DSC_1376.JPG
    arj and billyturnip like this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantasy may not be my cup of tea, but I'm most impressed by what you've achieved.
    Very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Eludia likes this.
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Andrew :)
  13. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Excellent results sir! Great work on the highlights and shading, (an extra kudos for the well accented curves,;)) and the whole presentation is nicely done.

Tom
    Eludia likes this.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    nice work

Marc
    Eludia likes this.
  15. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    a beauty I think
    Eludia likes this.
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    She look good. I also liked your SBS Thanks
    Cheers
    John
    Eludia likes this.
  17. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    Nothing to worry about - she looks good Billy.

Mark
    Eludia likes this.
  18. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Billy
    Was this figure of yours at Southwell Racecourse yesterday?
    It looks lovely here, but I'd like to think it was the same one I was admiring yesterday too.
    Paul
    Eludia likes this.
  19. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah it was at Southwell Paul and I'm glad you liked it. I thought I saw you yesterday at my club table (West Norfolk) but then I thought "Nah, it must be another peedee, no-one from PF will be here." so sorry for not saying hello mate. Now I know you went, I'm guessing that was your chasseur in the competition room (and your avatar). It's a beautiful piece by the way, I spent quite a bit of time just staring at it yesterday (unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me at that time :()
    peedee likes this.
  20. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Well done Billy she looks great. I love the way you've toned down the colouring for the subtle pastel look(y)(y)(y). See you at Letchworth ?
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Eludia likes this.