1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ECW Parliamentarian Cavalry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kevin D., Aug 5, 2009.

1. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    These are the pics of my first bust.

ecw 1.jpg

ecw 2.jpg

ecw 3.jpg

ecw 4.jpg

Have done various figures (mostly 90's & 120mm) but finally got the nerve to do this one. I want to say thanks for the inspiration to Dave Maddox; his two SBS articles on the ECW figures are well worn, permanent fixtures in my library.

The pics were taken before final highlights were laid on but it is on its way to Gettysburg now and I'll post to V-bench with better shots of the final product after the show.

ALL positive criticism is much appreciated and thanks again to Bob Bethea for his patient guiding of my painting attempts!

Kevin D.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Kevin. I really like what you have done with this bust.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Welcome to the "dark side" Kevin, Excellent painting mate.
  4. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy corrected the pictures for me so now they are expandable and more easily seen.

Comments and pos crit welcome

Thanks Guy!!

& thanks Tony, I loved the bigger canvas!

Kevin d.
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Kevin! Hope to see this one in person sometime!
  6. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Anders! Its already on its way to Gettysburg with Bob.

Hope to see you there!

Kevin
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice work Kevin it has turned out very well.

Cheers David
  8. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    ECW Parliamentarian.

Very nicely done for your first bust sir, you ahev completed the colours nicely, especially the leather straps which are particularly well done.

Thanks for posting, RobH.;)
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    thats a very nice job for your first bust.

Steve
  10. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Your work is very wonderful.
    The feel of a material of the clothes and the skin tone are amazing.
    I think it builds into a wonderful masterpiece.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kevin, nice work here! The flesh tones are very nice the yellows work well, the leathers look very nice!

As far as constuctive criticism goes I do have a couple thoughts. The blues of the sash need more "pop" for my tastes. A bit more contrasts there would liven that nice area of color contrast. I also, and again this is just my tastes, like to see more in the way of highlights on the armor. I think if you were able to push your silver highlights a bit more, particularly on the hight spots, around the base of the bullet ding, the tops of the lobster tail helmet thing and such it would give the piece a bit more punch. I do like the nice pattina you've achieved on the armor, it just seems a bit too "even" throughout in the way of highlights and shadows. One last item, and this is really just semantics, but I would like to see this bust mounted with a much more aggressive forward lean to him. It seems to me, with that very intense look on his face, it would help to emphasize his demeanor a bit by thrusting his gaze a bit more forward as if to enhance that shout he's in. Well done my friend, are there more busts in your future? Let's hope so!

Jay H.
    Okc